Where does this repeated string refrain come from

Maybe cos the Op was on about the tune reminding him of something that was driving him nuts
But then people are trying to work out where the samples from
Two totally different concepts!

I agree it’s a cack song anyway
OP said he was trying to remember where he knew the string refrain from which, I don't think unreasonably, I assumed meant he'd heard it before so not really a totally different concept. Fair enough if he just meant it reminded him of something else in which case everyone can be right! Even you. :lol::lol:

It’s from some ska/reggae type track I’ll work it out when I get some motivation.

Free Nelson Mandela

It is literally identical to the opening of Free Nelson Mandela ffs! Should be the end of the thread.

Sorry didn’t see your reply.

Last edited:
I'd put money on it being a filum ;)
I thought it may be a movie or an old TV series.
Sounds a bit like Poldark

Yeah, it's not that. I was thinking of something more precise. Also, I've never seen Poldark or heard the theme tune, so I wouldn't be thinking of that.
That's a good shout.

That sounds like all the right notes to me. I did think that I had previously heard it on violin, though, like this song.

Again that can't be where I heard it before because I've never heard of Major Lazer before, or this track.

Maybe he got that sample from the same source.
Without even seeing the other replies i'd said Daft Punk - Da Funk
Well, it wasn't what I was thinking of.
Sounds like the intro to freenelson mandela

Free Nelson Mandela
I see what you mean but no.
OP said he was trying to remember where he knew the string refrain from which, I don't think unreasonably, I assumed meant he'd heard it before so not really a totally different concept. Fair enough if he just meant it reminded him of something else in which case everyone can be right! Even you. :lol::lol:

That is what I meant. I may be mistaken mind.

Back