Where do you store your digital photos?

MunkyHeed

Striker
I've used Flickr for over a decade now, but am guessing since the dawn of the Cloud and Dropbox etc there must be decent free alternatives now?

Don't want to leave them on my HD in case there's a catastrophic failure of one of the drives... again :(

Thanks.

Dunno about free cloud, but I've been using mediafire for a couple of years now and that's fine. Pretty cheap

I have my own cloud at home - 4TB.

All pictures are backed up to Dropbox, Google pics, iCloud and Amazon

I lost hard drive in 2015 and hadn't backed up properly when I was ill, so thousands of pictures were gone. It as only months later that I remembered that I'd backed them up to Amazon.

I have my own cloud at home - 4TB.

All pictures are backed up to Dropbox, Google pics, iCloud and Amazon

I lost hard drive in 2015 and hadn't backed up properly when I was ill, so thousands of pictures were gone. It as only months later that I remembered that I'd backed them up to Amazon.
Oh you beautiful man. Was just about to spunk cash on extra iCloud storage, didn't realise I get unlimited photo storage with me Amazon Prime account.

I haven't really got any logical back up of my photos.
Need to sort.
Is Flickr not the same as the cloud?

I want simple, free and safe ideally?
Any suggestions , or pros and cons of any particular choices?

I haven't really got any logical back up of my photos.
Need to sort.
Is Flickr not the same as the cloud?

I want simple, free and safe ideally?
Any suggestions , or pros and cons of any particular choices?
Flickr is the cloud, yes, and as good a place as any to store, though I think you have to manually upload stuff, it's not free either.

If you have an Amazon Prime account you get free unlimited storage there, just set it up to automatically back up your hard drive at home.

Google also has the same option, though it's not free.
Apple, see Google
Microsoft, see Apple

Flickr is the cloud, yes, and as good a place as any to store, though I think you have to manually upload stuff, it's not free either.

If you have an Amazon Prime account you get free unlimited storage there, just set it up to automatically back up your hard drive at home.

Google also has the same option, though it's not free.
Apple, see Google
Microsoft, see Apple
Flickr is free up to a certain size I think?

Also, you can set up auto upload from things like iPhone, and also download apps to upload stuff from your PC IIRC.

Bumping a dead thread to say I wish I had read it before my computer with all my photos was stolen...

Didn't know about the amazon prime free storage, awesome tip for future reference if it is still true

I’ve used Flickr since the year dot as photo storage and it’s got loads of my old photos on there.

With their account changes I’m not happy paying £50 going forward to keep them but I paid for an initial subscription in December because I didn’t think I had time to get them all off and put them somewhere else, I wanted to give myself some time to do it this year.

Long story short they’ve totally messed up my subscription and when I’ve emailed them they’ve just refunded my original payment and I’m back down to a free account and going to lose my photos in two weeks. I’ve asked them to sort it out again but it doesn’t give me much faith.

So:

1. Where should I move them to
2. What’s the easiest way to do it?

I think I have about 1500 but I can’t tell from the app because it’s rubbish.

If you are an Amazon Prime member you have unlimited photo storage

My pics automatically backup to Amazon and Flickr (and Google) but it's Amazon I use most.

It appears that you can download all your stuff from Flickr so I'd do it that way.

A bit of a clart on but it gets the job done

Last edited:

Back