Where do you store your digital photos?

If you have a pc or Mac upload to Google photos, I pay £1.60 per month for 100gb, I have an android phone so it backs up my phone photos automatically, without a pc, I also dump them on my server which in turn is backed up to a usb HDD. The more places the better

God I'm a right mess with this at the moment. Need to find some time to sort it out. Got all of my historic stuff on Flickr which I pay to host as it's a huge amount. But I'm not uploading new stuff off my phone there. However if I use my camera I do. New stuff from phones is now backing up to Google from my new Pixel 6 but also to Amazon too.

God I'm a right mess with this at the moment. Need to find some time to sort it out. Got all of my historic stuff on Flickr which I pay to host as it's a huge amount. But I'm not uploading new stuff off my phone there. However if I use my camera I do. New stuff from phones is now backing up to Google from my new Pixel 6 but also to Amazon too.
How much GB do you reckon you have on Flickr?

45.34GB from 38,270 pictures.
Been a 'pro' since 2006 but I think I had it for a little while before that without paying.
Take a few hours to download on good internet, maybes set it off and leave it overnight. Personally I would download them to a laptop/usb and then stick them in Google photos, you get 100gb for about £1.70 per month, that way they are altogether and you'll also have a copy on laptop/usb, you always upload your camera to Google. That's of you want it all in the same place that is

Take a few hours to download on good internet, maybes set it off and leave it overnight. Personally I would download them to a laptop/usb and then stick them in Google photos, you get 100gb for about £1.70 per month, that way they are altogether and you'll also have a copy on laptop/usb, you always upload your camera to Google. That's of you want it all in the same place that is
I do mean to and I got Flickr to generate the files for me. Just never got around to downloading. I've a NAS I can store them on too.

I do mean to and I got Flickr to generate the files for me. Just never got around to downloading. I've a NAS I can store them on too.
It's a pain moving that much about like, it worked even better when my 'nas' was actually a windows 10 computer where I could easily show photos in a browser then drag and drop where I wanted to. I have Digi camera and camcorder 😀 stuff going back years

used to use Flikr, then that stopped being free
So changed to Google photos, and now that's not free anymore either

But Amazon Prime gives you unlimited photo storage, so that's what I'm using now. They have a little app that sits on your PC and monitors any folders you tell it to, and makes sure everything is backed up automatically (google had the same).

My only grip is that they order the photos by date, and any folder structure you had (such as Holidays\, Weddings\, Kids\ etc) don't carry over to these platforms.

used to use Flikr, then that stopped being free
So changed to Google photos, and now that's not free anymore either

But Amazon Prime gives you unlimited photo storage, so that's what I'm using now. They have a little app that sits on your PC and monitors any folders you tell it to, and makes sure everything is backed up automatically (google had the same).

My only grip is that they order the photos by date, and any folder structure you had (such as Holidays\, Weddings\, Kids\ etc) don't carry over to these platforms.

somehow never noticed the Amazon Prime storage! Cheers - currently relying on a daisy-chain of three identical Drives, which is a bit of a carry on and not automatic in any way.

Synology 4tb drive auto backed up onto another drive, synced with One drive & every week I plug in an external ssd which I put in a safe. We thought we lost loads of holiday & wedding pics, now we have a baby, we like to make sure we're well covered.

I have a Flickr account, several websites and two 4TB external HD's the Flickr and websites have a selection of my photography.. my favourites basically. I put a fair amount of images on my HD's.. I sometimes wonder what is the point of all this backing up?.. I post to social media on a regular basis, I send a set of images to people i shoot. I sometimes wonder if the old days where we had a box of prints to look back on was a better idea.. Im not sure if anyone gives a stuff if ive backed up all my photos .

I have a Flickr account, several websites and two 4TB external HD's the Flickr and websites have a selection of my photography.. my favourites basically. I put a fair amount of images on my HD's.. I sometimes wonder what is the point of all this backing up?.. I post to social media on a regular basis, I send a set of images to people i shoot. I sometimes wonder if the old days where we had a box of prints to look back on was a better idea.. Im not sure if anyone gives a stuff if ive backed up all my photos .
If my house burns down I'd like the fact that my RAW files are backed up online.

Just had to bite the bullet and upgrade to the 200gb package with Google photos £2.49 per month, probably get cheaper elsewhere and I do actually have Amazon which is free I think but it's just the ease with Google. I have started using an old phone for my drone and it's also backing up the drone photos and videos.very seemless

Back