Where do I start

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen1937

Midfield
Right fellas I'm almost 50, fifteen and a half stone. I cant really afford gym membership. I have ankle problems so cant run much. where do I start with fitness and weight loss

Look at what you eat. Always a good start. Low impact sports like swimming alwys help as well.

Hi Steve,

There is an exercise referral programme that you will qualify if your registered with a Sunderland practice. If your motivated to complete 15 weeks of exercise then speak with your GP practice. There is also a weight management component that might give you a few ideas. As the above said though, small changes to your diet and start increasing your daily physical activity. Walking more is a start but ideally you could do with some support through your journey. Good luck

Does walking hurt your ankle? If not then try that and just increase your distance and pace when you feel comfortable.

this, shave all your hair off and ONLY EVER weigh yourself naked after having your morning pap & piss. white text, just to be sure.
And make sure you taake a deep breath when you get weighed, or is it breath out?

Does walking hurt your ankle? If not then try that and just increase your distance and pace when you feel comfortable.

Its an old problem that I have had for many years. I still get an game of football (in goal) but I cant do jogging as it just swells up and puts me out of action for a week

And make sure you taake a deep breath when you get weighed, or is it breath out?

Good advice:lol:

Hi Steve,

There is an exercise referral programme that you will qualify if your registered with a Sunderland practice. If your motivated to complete 15 weeks of exercise then speak with your GP practice. There is also a weight management component that might give you a few ideas. As the above said though, small changes to your diet and start increasing your daily physical activity. Walking more is a start but ideally you could do with some support through your journey. Good luck

I like the sound of this gav.
Went for a long walk at the weekend, well 2 laps herrington park. but I found it quite boring. Always played team sports so the Gym may be the option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back