Where did wh Smith go ?

Cannit blame them. The climate, prosperity etc. The little train that goes around marine park. It's all there for a successful business.
You're right, as long as the business is selling pre-prepared multipack bags of fast food litter to feed the bushes and fences.

There was the one by the station but do any old geezers remember the one on High street that was in or around thenold Blackett’s Shop?
It had a cool upstairs record department where I spent most of my time in there, but it never seemed that busy.

Another place I used to like in the town that neeone else seems to remember is Pizzaland which was near the station on the corner of Fawcett street and Atheneum street. It was open late anarl. If you’d stayed in Blueberries till closing time it was a nice spot to stop in for some bait if you had the late night night munchies, before staggering over to Ku Club (via the obligatory pit stop in wee alley behind Jacky White’s to release the hounds!).
We might have moaned about it at the time but looking back the town has had periods when it was absolutely choss for a night out.

There was the one by the station but do any old geezers remember the one on High street that was in or around thenold Blackett’s Shop?
It had a cool upstairs record department where I spent most of my time in there, but it never seemed that busy.

Another place I used to like in the town that neeone else seems to remember is Pizzaland which was near the station on the corner of Fawcett street and Atheneum street. It was open late anarl. If you’d stayed in Blueberries till closing time it was a nice spot to stop in for some bait if you had the late night night munchies, before staggering over to Ku Club (via the obligatory pit stop in wee alley behind Jacky White’s to release the hounds!).
We might have moaned about it at the time but looking back the town has had periods when it was absolutely choss for a night out.
Have a like for choss.

Was a shit tip by the time they closed it. Shame cos I remember being in all the time early 2000s buying / reading music magazines my local newsagent didn't get in.

Strangely they had a period they were pretty good selling games too. Bought a PS2 there with one of my first wages and they had Nintendo DS consoles in the Christmas they were hard to get hold of.

It was Pizza Hut for a while too.

Was a shit tip by the time they closed it. Shame cos I remember being in all the time early 2000s buying / reading music magazines my local newsagent didn't get in.

Strangely they had a period they were pretty good selling games too. Bought a PS2 there with one of my first wages and they had Nintendo DS consoles in the Christmas they were hard to get hold of.
Late 90s I'd go in and read full ps1 magazines. :lol:

Back