When's out next nil nil friendly?

The first proper practice they will get will be Oxford at home on the 3rd August. They'll learn from there. Probably 3-4 changes by next game

The first proper practice they will get will be Oxford at home on the 3rd August. They'll learn from there. Probably 3-4 changes by next game

One of the advantages of having a settled squad where most of the players have played together 40 odd competitive games......This pre season is about fitness and fitting in the new players.

One of the advantages of having a settled squad where most of the players have played together 40 odd competitive games......This pre season is about fitness and fitting in the new players.
Didn't have a settled team despite all those games and at this moment probably doesn't know his best starting 11

Build up fitness, possibly try a new formation and give some young lads an opportunity to see if they can fit into the first team.

Above anything else, try not to get injured in a game that means fuck all when the season is due to start in a matter of weeks.

Preseason is more representative than people give it credit for. Biggest issue with this team is goals and who’s going to score them. Preseason we’ve played two decent teams and haven’t scored yet. And haven’t really created a lot. Hardly bodes we’ll for the coming season

I think it's representative in terms of team shape, organisation etc, not so much in terms of results as sometimes different things are tried, players are just getting minutes in, kids are involved, players who have been away with international sides/injured etc aren't risked and opposition quality can vary.

Our problems regardless of all that we already know, it just so happens that so far it's been re-inforced in those games through results and lack of goals, but it isn't always the case that happens.

Here's my take on pre season games.

Sunderland win
Happy clappers "Oily fish we're f***ing class"
Bed wetters "Pre season means nowt"

Sunderland lose or draw
Bed wetters "We're f***ing shite, got no chance of going up"
Happy clappers "Pre season means nowt"
Oooo.. Get froid here :rolleyes:

Here's my take on pre season games.

Sunderland win
Happy clappers "Oily fish we're f***ing class"
Bed wetters "Pre season means nowt"

Sunderland lose or draw
Bed wetters "We're f***ing shite, got no chance of going up"
Happy clappers "Pre season means nowt"

Aye that's fair enough. Fair to say the truth is somewhere in between. I will say that I promised myself after the mick mccarthy u.s tour that I'd stop saying that the results were meaningless.

Back