When you meet your heroe(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

Good tune.
I used to play that song live I couldn't do the bass bit at the beginning properly so just got the guitarist to do it for me, good job it was a punk band and no one gived a fuck.

I met marco gabbadini a few years ago he took me on a tour of the SOL he was pleasant enough it was great walking through the tunnel with dance of the knights playing but I thought the away changing rooms had a better feel to it than our rooms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends if you view your heroes as people who can have good/bad days. Met a few of my geek heroes, mostly good - argued with one, who thanked me and gave me a signed copy of his book with thanks for arguing with him as it had given him some ideas. To turn this on its head tho, what about meeting people you expect to be fairly ambivalent of and them surprising you ?

Met one of the royals recently in a $dayjob context, expected them to be a little clueless about our subject area - totally the opposite, raised some really interesting points, asked some decent questions all unscripted and knew a decent level of the subject area ... far more than most politicians who spout about the same from time to time.

Still surprised TBH

Met Jeremy wade at sportsfish earlier in the year,nice guy.Met jacky chan a few times,friendly.Knew Howard Marks,perpetually stoned.

Depends if you view your heroes as people who can have good/bad days. Met a few of my geek heroes, mostly good - argued with one, who thanked me and gave me a signed copy of his book with thanks for arguing with him as it had given him some ideas. To turn this on its head tho, what about meeting people you expect to be fairly ambivalent of and them surprising you ?

Met one of the royals recently in a $dayjob context, expected them to be a little clueless about our subject area - totally the opposite, raised some really interesting points, asked some decent questions all unscripted and knew a decent level of the subject area ... far more than most politicians who spout about the same from time to time.

Still surprised TBH
Which royal was it?

Back