When will masks hopefully cease to exist?

Tories generally less willing to wear masks when asked in opinion polls. I realise you don’t hold facts in much regard, since you love everyone equally.
Those to the right were found to be more optimstic...a survey from years ago, so no, I cannot provide stats. I take no side, belong to no clubs and have friends of all voting persuasions, and yes, I will love anyone until they make it impossible for me not to.

Respect for your input on the "How low" thread yesterday. I didn't agree, but presentation is everything.

i

If anyone wants the results from October

Support for having to wear masks in shops

Tories 74%
Labour 82%
Lib Dem 93%

Remain 86%
Leave 75%

Men 74%
Women 79%

Middle class 79%
Working class 75%

If you’ve been to the shops in the last week did you wear a face mask?

% not wearing a mask in the last week

Tories 25%
Labour 18%
Lib Dem 4%

Remain 12%
Leave 24%

Men 24%
Women 17%

Middle class 18%
Working class 23%

So the people least likely to wear a mask are working class blokes who voted leave and voted tory in 2019
How can anyone enjoy life when obsessed by political data...I tend to judge people by how they treat me. I imagine you asking people how they vote before shaking their hand.

Tories 74%
Labour 82%
Lib Dem 93%

Remain 86%
Leave 75%

Men 74%
Women 79%

Middle class 79%
Working class 75%

Tories 25%
Labour 18%
Lib Dem 4%

Remain 12%
Leave 24%

Men 24%
Women 17%

Middle class 18%
Working class 23%

So the people least likely to wear a mask are working class blokes who voted leave and voted tory in 2019
Appreciate that these stats were from October but the high % of people suggesting they'd support wearing masks in shops wasn't what I was experiencing towards the end of August/September. Obviously only my own experience but it seemed to be well below 50%.

Tories 74%
Labour 82%
Lib Dem 93%

Remain 86%
Leave 75%

Men 74%
Women 79%

Middle class 79%
Working class 75%

Tories 25%
Labour 18%
Lib Dem 4%

Remain 12%
Leave 24%

Men 24%
Women 17%

Middle class 18%
Working class 23%

Allegedly. How many people asked ? How many dole merchants etc.How many were asked in JAN 2020 ? Which shopping centre were people asked ? Metro,Blue Water,Westfield ?
It covers up the faces of millions upon millions of ugly boilers of all sexes / genders. For that alone it ought to be mandatory wearing outside at all times.
And Balaclavas just in case it's very windy !

Last edited:
Allegedly. How many people asked ? How many dole merchants etc.How many were asked in JAN 2020 ? Which shopping centre were people asked ? Metro,Blue Water,Westfield ?

And Balaclavas just in case it's very windy !

It was a political opinion poll done with a representative sample. They weren’t opportunistically asked in a shopping centre. Why would they be asked in January 2020?

Tories 74%
Labour 82%
Lib Dem 93%

Remain 86%
Leave 75%

Men 74%
Women 79%

Middle class 79%
Working class 75%

Tories 25%
Labour 18%
Lib Dem 4%

Remain 12%
Leave 24%

Men 24%
Women 17%

Middle class 18%
Working class 23%

But Tory voting brexiteers are much more likely to be harder.😃

Because Tories tend to be more better educated.
:lol: That well known lefty, woke Spectator disagrees with you

As do facts, as usual.
YouGov;
Among the much larger group of voters who do not hold a degree, Conservatives gained 58%.

Labour ... outperformed Conservatives among voters with a degree or higher, with 43% of the share in that group compared to the Tories' 29%.

Still can't figure you out; are you this cocksure and misinformed in reality, or some kind of WUM?

Appreciate that these stats were from October but the high % of people suggesting they'd support wearing masks in shops wasn't what I was experiencing towards the end of August/September. Obviously only my own experience but it seemed to be well below 50%.

Depends where you live. Where I am it was close to 100%. And where you shop. I suspect Waitrose here in SW London has much higher mask wearing than an Asda in a Red Wall town, for example. You can tell where someone has got on the Tube based on whether they have a mask on as it seems to match on to all other class indicators.

Depends where you live. Where I am it was close to 100%. And where you shop. I suspect Waitrose here in SW London has much higher mask wearing than an Asda in a Red Wall town, for example. You can tell where someone has got on the Tube based on whether they have a mask on as it seems to match on to all other class indicators.
Funny that, because the large Asda that I use was pretty much 100% for mask-wearing throughout the mandated period.

But then again, I tend not to judge people based on a postcode.

Maybe change your username to 'UpYourOwnArse'?

Back