When will masks hopefully cease to exist?

It will be no longer against the law to do so but it will still be at the discretion of the people who run the venues on whether to impose it or not.

Lests be honest, no business is going to ask for a vaccine passport voluntarily. It's using extra resources which costs to potentially turn away customers.

Just like with masks, when they stopped being mandated 1st time around, no business continued to ask customers to carry on wearing them. And when they came back they were weren't enforced anywhere (think a couple of supermarkets did for the first week or so then gave up).

Hopefully any venues enforcing them go bust.
I don't hope any of them go bust but I suspect that any who do enforce things like mask-wearing and 'social distancing' off their own bat may end up shooting themselves in the foot as more and more of their possible customers get used to not having to carry a mask every time they leave the house.

If it starts to eat into their profits to the benefit of their rivals and competitors, I suspect they'll quietly stop enforcing anything like that. The biggest issue for them then will be how much damage has been done to their image with their customer-base and whether those customers who found it easier to go elsewhere will then return.

On that basis alone, I suspect no venue will self-impose any kind of restrictions.
Lests be honest, no business is going to ask for a vaccine passport voluntarily. It's using extra resources which costs to potentially turn away customers.

Just like with masks, when they stopped being mandated 1st time around, no business continued to ask customers to carry on wearing them. And when they came back they were weren't enforced anywhere (think a couple of supermarkets did for the first week or so then gave up).
Beat me to it.

I don't hope any of them go bust but I suspect that any who do enforce things like mask-wearing and 'social distancing' off their own bat may end up shooting themselves in the foot as more and more of their possible customers get used to not having to carry a mask every time they leave the house.

If it starts to eat into their profits to the benefit of their rivals and competitors, I suspect they'll quietly stop enforcing anything like that. The biggest issue for them then will be how much damage has been done to their image with their customer-base and whether those customers who found it easier to go elsewhere will then return.

On that basis alone, I suspect no venue will self-impose any kind of restrictions.
Would be nice to have a choice for those of us who'd rather not have the free-for-all, though. Tbh it doesn't bother me personally, I've got used to online shopping so will continue to get my deliveries and give my money to Bezos rather than businesses where I'm likely to be in an enclosed space with spluttering tinfoilers. In that respect the market sorts it out one way or another, I suppose.

Would be nice to have a choice for those of us who'd rather not have the free-for-all, though. Tbh it doesn't bother me personally, I've got used to online shopping so will continue to get my deliveries and give my money to Bezos rather than businesses where I'm likely to be in an enclosed space with spluttering tinfoilers. In that respect the market sorts it out one way or another, I suppose.
No business will risk it's profit margins on that basis, though.

They've took enough of a battering over these past two years without voluntarily putting themselves in a position to keep on losing more money.

Not every busy business is full of 'spluttering tinfoilers' either - that's a bit of a slur on people who are simply out enjoying themselves, or who like shopping in person and not adding to the already swollen coffers of someone like Bezos.

If you're happy to sit in the house and do everything on-line then fair enough, but you can't then complain, further down the line, if there's nothing to do or nowhere open other than corporate giants because the smaller, independent, more interesting places have closed their doors because of lack of custom.

No business will risk it's profit margins on that basis, though.

They've took enough of a battering over these past two years without voluntarily putting themselves in a position to keep on losing more money.

Not every busy business is full of 'spluttering tinfoilers' either - that's a bit of a slur on people who are simply out enjoying themselves, or who like shopping in person and not adding to the already swollen coffers of someone like Bezos.

If you're happy to sit in the house and do everything on-line then fair enough, but you can't then complain, further down the line, if there's nothing to do or nowhere open other than corporate giants because the smaller, independent, more interesting places have closed their doors because of lack of custom.
I won't complain, but just as businesses have to prioritise their profits, I have to prioritise my health. I don't think every business is full of spluttering tinfoilers, but in all honesty the behaviour of a sizeable minority during the pandemic and their sheer lack of concern for anyone with more health problems than themselves has made me realise I don't want to share any sort of social space with them. I can pick and choose pubs and restaurants that I'm pretty sure those types won't frequent, but I'd rather just swerve the likes of supermarkets and shopping centres going forward.

Are people still putting their mask on to go to the toilet in a pub then removing it to drink their pint when they sit down :lol::lol:
Most havent imposed it anyway?

The sheep is back. Fresh from facebook “cOvId tHe TrutH” groups and hours watching various Youtube vids.
Not on Facebook.

Back