When will masks hopefully cease to exist?

Nope. Literally no need to remove the two minor restrictions that were out there. Minor inconvenience if that. Given their minor nature there's no reason to stop doing them given they clearly work as you point out.

Luckily my company seem pretty switched on at the moment so it's two days a month, and even then it's only if you want to go in. Those that aren't comfortable getting public transport are allowed to miss those 2 days a month. Whilst equally those that are struggling not being in the office are allowed to go in more if they request it in advance. Personally I don't mind doing it for 2 days a month as long as I get parking, which they've agreed to so happy days.
I don't mind it either, and to be fair you're not digging out non maskers. I come from a strange place, I calculate everything, especially social stuff by colours. When I finally find an answer, it is embroidered with spirtual subtext that I have to take note of. I cannot tolerate fear in others, disproportionate fear that is. Mask wearing when the risk is so small normalises the practise and constantly claws away at the sanity of the weak and easily frightened.

I have A.S.S. so although a bit dumb in one way, I can find definitive answers...I love humanity, I'd never harm it.

I wish you well 👍

I was on a few buses on Tuesday when face coverings were still mandatory and most people were still wearing them. I was on them again yesterday and barely anyone had one on. I was also in The Bridges both days and not may people were wearing them either day. Big Tesco at Roker on Tuesday was 50/50.
Give it a few weeks and I reckon most people will have gave up with them, especially once spring and the nicer weather arrives.

Last edited:
Missus said put your mask on yesterday walking into Waitrose. I said I will if staff are wearing them. Floor staff weren’t so I didn’t.
Glad they are no longer needed.

Missus said put your mask on yesterday walking into Waitrose. I said I will if staff are wearing them. Floor staff weren’t so I didn’t.
Glad they are no longer needed.

Majority of Sainsburys staff weren’t wearing masks in the one I was in last evening. Majority of customers were wearing mask though, but I think masks will slowly be less commonplace.

I don't mind it either, and to be fair you're not digging out non maskers. I come from a strange place, I calculate everything, especially social stuff by colours. When I finally find an answer, it is embroidered with spirtual subtext that I have to take note of. I cannot tolerate fear in others, disproportionate fear that is. Mask wearing when the risk is so small normalises the practise and constantly claws away at the sanity of the weak and easily frightened.

I have A.S.S. so although a bit dumb in one way, I can find definitive answers...I love humanity, I'd never harm it.

I wish you well 👍
Good grief. Can you not just say you don't like masks?

Is it really such a pain?
No, but mass hysteria is, just like it was with brexit. The roots are almost always in the USA. My wife was wearing a mask at work for nine hours solid every day, she never caught covid and the mask didn’t kill her. The problem with glasses steaming up was solved and she just got used to it.

No, but mass hysteria is, just like it was with brexit. The roots are almost always in the USA. My wife was wearing a mask at work for nine hours solid every day, she never caught covid and the mask didn’t kill her. The problem with glasses steaming up was solved and she just got used to it.
Serious question, does she like wearing the mask ?

Back