When will football decide enough is enough?

Have you any evidence of this?

Even it is "only" 20%, it's still 200k a week in tax. Canny wedge to HMRC
I thought it was well known that this is what players do when being paid silly money in this country, so as to keep as much of it from the tax man as you can. Liverpool will very very likely pay the players LTD company. I'd be absolutely staggered if Salah was a PAYE employee.

Fairy Nuff, you now know, now if I may ask you a question, are you pro or anti the immorality of paying footballers £1M a week?
My options is if say Man City wish to pay s player £1m a week that's fine as long as the player pays the correct tax on it.
The player gets £26m the state gets £26m a year. Alternatively if the player wasn't signed City owners kerp the £52m a year.

If the player is only paying 20%, as one poster has suggested they can piss right off.

I thought it was well known that this is what players do when being paid silly money in this country, so as to keep as much of it from the tax man as you can. Liverpool will very very likely pay the players LTD company. I'd be absolutely staggered if Salah was a PAYE employee.
If you search footballers payslip in google images you can find a few examples.
Tevez, Iwobi, Sterling, Riise.
All PAYE, even a fine of a few quid to Lancashire FA on tevez's.

Back