When we scored our 90th minute winner against the Mags...

• Thread starter Deleted member 31305
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

When our goal went in tears began to stream down my face when I was hit by the realisation that Sting would never be a Sunderland fan.

As Johnson's last minute match-winning strike rippled the back of the Newcastle net I jumped to my feet, fists clenched, a joyous grin on the face of my fellow supporters and I.

Our elation turned to horror, however, on remembering that the trees around the Academy of Light were so few and far between.

My initial rapture after our enigmatic 'willo the wisp' winger pulled the trigger was short lived when I realised that our fans have never put together a one off 'hilarious' fanzine called "lets all laugh at our local rivals that we don't care about"

My misery was further compounded by the knowledge that we never photoshopped everyone in their home end on the cover of afore mentioned 'hilarious' fanzine to make them look disabled. We can only dream of having that much class.... Boo hoo....:cry:

I couldn't partake in any jovial celebrations. The realisation of being brought up in the North East, without any iconic number nines and no hint of a number eight dripping with flair, severely took the jam right out of my donut yesterday.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldn't help but feel when the goal went in that it wasn't where SAFC were about.
Class, crying

Last edited:
When our goal went in tears began to stream down my face when I was hit by the realisation that Sting would never be a Sunderland fan.

I've heard more than once that Sting was a Sunderland fan, despite being tyneside based.

My celebrations were cut short when I realised our impending victory was little but a moral victory for those plucky Geordies fighting to depose the Cockney Mafia. We had not stuffed them again but done them a favour.

Absolutely wounded that neither of my 19 month old twins have suffered a humiliating derby defeat.

Took the shine off it for me.

Poor kids, never knowing the agony of a derby defeat means they can never really appreciate a great derby win. My heart goes out to them.

Make sure they both watch the New Years day game v Man City, after all, they are our rivals now;)
Poor kids, never knowing the agony of a derby defeat means they can never really appreciate a great derby win. My heart goes out to them.
They struggle to understand "the always in our shadow" crack tbf.

As for punching a horse, not sure how to tackle such an emotive subject.:confused:

Thinking the match was all but over I was preparing to leave. As AJ struck that sweet shot into the net I had just zipped up my jacket and thrust my hands into the pockets. Of all the things still in there, from the last time it was worn, I noticed my passport was with me. I couldn't celebrate the goal. Not with that constant reminder of never having visited Milan. The torment is incredible. Its like.. Ah forget it. You wouldn't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back