When They See Us - Netflix

Just finished watching this. I'm too young to remember it (was 5 at the time) and hadn't heard of it since, learning about it for the first time it's amazing how shocking it is. Not sure attitudes have changed as much as you'd hope in the intervening years either. Thought all the actors, especially the ones depicting them as kids, were brilliant. Although some of it is hard to watch one of the saddest bits for me was seeing how hard it is for someone who has served their time to get a job and stay on the straight and narrow, no wonder reoffending rates are so high! Glad they got such a big settlement, although you really can't put a price on going through hell when most are having arguably the best years of their lives

Just got to the end of episode 1. Fukk me the cops just wanted to arrest someone anyone. I had no idea about this as was 15 at the time which is the same age as those lads and I was more interested in playing footy with my mates

Just got to the end of episode 1. Fukk me the cops just wanted to arrest someone anyone. I had no idea about this as was 15 at the time which is the same age as those lads and I was more interested in playing footy with my mates
I was out wilding at that time, running riot round the streets of SR5

It was great (although very sad) viewing. Also watched the Oprah interviews with cast and the actual men - it was better than expected! The director and young actors were very intelligent / thoughtful lads. The 5 men show the range of human emotions and impact you'd expect, you can only feel total respect and compassion towards them.

Not saying I agree with this, but one thing I think gets underplayed, and its what the likes of Trump, New York players thought

Is that they were in the park, and they were attacking people, some who ended up with fractured skulls

Has it ever been proven that they did/didn't do that?

Thats really why they were so easily convicted as it was presented as the natural progression, look at Trumps tweet from 2o13! They think they may not have done the actual deed but they were there when it happened.

Enjoyed the documentary more, shocking stuff like, so many bad cases in america, I'd worry if I lived there like, if you get accused, you are almost fucked from that point onwards if you are from a certain backfround.

Last edited:
Seen it and it is a tough watch like.

If anyone found it interesting, there was a film starring Daniel Day Lewis about the Guildford Four - quite a similar theme to it.

Called ‘In The Name of The Father’ if anyone wants to watch it.

that in the name of the father was a class film, unbelievable how they locked his dar up anarl,

Read abput it a few years ago, watched some of the question and answers, still made this a tough watch, especially Korey Wises story

I don't think anyone thinks they were involved, I think of the saying mud sticks.
If they were at least one would of left dna

just about to start watching this now, ive just watched the oprah winfrew interview with them all also on netflix and that Korey looks well fucked its horrible how long they spent inside for summit they didnt dee, felt sorry for that Korey like if u havnt seen the oprah interview i recommend watching that lyk

Last edited:

Back