When someone hits your car and won't give their insurance details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a call from my wife, someone hit our car in the car park and admitted fault, but isn't giving his insurance details. She's got the plate number and after some hassle got him to give his address (if he's given the real details) but says he doesn't know who he's insured with.

Is plate number and driver's name and address enough to go on for a claim or will we have to report this to the police for failing to provide full details at an accident?

Just got a call from my wife, someone hit our car in the car park and admitted fault, but isn't giving his insurance details. She's got the plate number and after some hassle got him to give his address (if he's given the real details) but says he doesn't know who he's insured with.

Is plate number and driver's name and address enough to go on for a claim or will we have to report this to the police for failing to provide full details at an accident?

Think the name and address is enough (if they are genuine).

I'm not sure who I'm insured with mind, I change it every year. Think it's due in May. Saying that I'd still be cooperating fully with my contact details & would make sure I find out.

Sounds like the bloke might not be insured judging on the OP though.

Number plate is enough for your insurance company to trace the owner of the car.

I would have took a photo of the culprit on me phone like. I guess he wasn't insured and some cock and bull story about how someone must have took the car while he was still bed will ensue.

Yes its enough. Get any proof? Photos, cctv?

He sounds a **** btw.

More than likely uninsured mind.

Yeah, got photos.

From first glance it looks like very little harm has come to our motor even though fuckface's bumper has been wrecked, it was a very low speed incident. I'd like to have the garage look at it and see how much damage has really been done to ours but they're not open til Tuesday. How soon do you have to call your insurance company?

Number plate is enough for your insurance company to trace the owner of the car.

I would have took a photo of the culprit on me phone like. I guess he wasn't insured and some cock and bull story about how someone must have took the car while he was still bed will ensue.

Good call. Although it appears that the thief was kind enough to drop the owner's kids off at the swimming pool before driving off into the distance :D

My mam had a slight tear end numb recently. Little scratches on the bumper. Lifted the carpet in the boot and you could see crumpled body work. Best to check. The bumped absorbs the shock and distributes it

I'd not risk it and give the police a call.

I'm not sure who I'm insured with mind, I change it every year. Think it's due in May. Saying that I'd still be cooperating fully with my contact details & would make sure I find out.

Sounds like the bloke might not be insured judging on the OP though.
I'll be honest, if I was in a bump I'm not sure I would know. Could give them plenty of other details but not knowing your insurance company isn't necessarily a sign of a wrong un.

Just ring him at home and as for the insurance details. He has not committed any offence yet as he can report it instead of giving details. At this stage it has nothing to do with the Police

bloody hell man can you lot not spot a joke thread!! As if you could get a bird ;)

Seriously though check with askmid. Put his number in and it`ll tell you whether insured or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back