When did you last see the postie ?

The only post getting through here is from Budgens, a retirement home that’s due to open in 2022 touting for inmates, Saga, Kinetic water softeners and, apparently, DFS have a sale on. Vision Express also keep in regular touch, which is nice in these difficult times. So, only the important stuff being delivered.

You're lucky they are still walking. No PPE, no gloves, no sanitising gel or wipes and no social distancing in the office. Only concession was not sending out 2 in a van - some posties took their cars up and worked out of the back of the van.

The most ridiculous thing was the business insisting that we still deliver the door-to-door leaflets for McDonalds (closed already. for fuck's sake), Farmfoods (probably nowt left in the freezers) and some funeral parlour - £100 off if you book quickly!

Nope. Tried to ring the delivery centre today but was on hold for 15 mins before giving up. It's only round the corner , might pop round see if I can pick up my own mail.

You're lucky they are still walking. No PPE, no gloves, no sanitising gel or wipes and no social distancing in the office. Only concession was not sending out 2 in a van - some posties took their cars up and worked out of the back of the van.

The most ridiculous thing was the business insisting that we still deliver the door-to-door leaflets for McDonalds (closed already. for fuck's sake), Farmfoods (probably nowt left in the freezers) and some funeral parlour - £100 off if you book quickly!

Pray for your Postie's as they're being sacrificed on the alter of the mighty £. The new management regime have no interest in H & S, unless they are shamed to or forced to act.

I saw the postman last night.
He came into my bedroom, stark naked, and climbed into bed with me.
I was terrified till I remembered he's my husband and works as a postman.

(C) Viz comic

Same in our office mate apart from nobody is using their own car, we have strong union reps and they said no chance. If you take your own car without the proper business insurance you’d be fucked if anything went wrong.

We’re also are delivering the funeral d2d, it’s bloody embarrassing. It’s my day off today but yesterday we had 46 off so it’s a bit of a struggle, loads of walks getting left in and only going out on alternate days.

They are also not allowing any overtime to clear the backlog because of the sickness budget being blown :rolleyes:

Se the guy every day, my WFH sees me in the room over the front door these days, so I see him daily.

Might do a CCTV compilation of his daily deliveries ...

Back