When did the FA Cup lose its glamour

Status
Not open for further replies.

My fatha who's 92 this year told me ages ago that in his era winning the FA Cup was more important than winning the league.If I think back to the 60's and 70's,I could probably name more FA Cup winners than league winners,or easier name them.

I watched the cricket yesterday, flicked over for five minutes just before we went out last night, saw that t!t Moses get sent off, wasn't that fussed about watching the FA Cup final, sad but true.

Last edited:
When Man Utd didn't enter so they could play in that thing in Brazil..teams putting weakened teams out to save the 'better' players for the league.

I was at a charity event yesterday and missed the final. Didnt bother me one bit.

I'm half heartedly watching the highlights now whilst playing on my phone.

Yesterday was all about Bradley's All Stars winning the Bradley Lowery Tournament.

I ment for a semi final At Wembley. That article says they got 33k each, anyone remember how many we got in 2004?

From the sunderland echo

I can't believe the allocations that the FA have decided to give for the game (we are getting 30,900 and they are getting 30,725) it just doesn't add up. Here are a few stats. Their average crowd is less that half their allocation (ours is 85 per cent). Their highest crowd of the season is half their allocation (we have had three crowds this season over our allocation). They have not had a 30,000 crowd for 25 years (we had numerous gates over 40,000 just last season and have been the third best supported club in England in five out of the last six seasons). Apart from the fact that we have nowhere near enough tickets to satisfy demand, there is also the very distinct possibility that they will not sell out. This will ruin the atmosphere and mean a loss of revenue for both clubs. There also has to be a question mark over just who will be able to buy their tickets.

Read more at: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/fa-cup-semi-final-v-millwall-old-trafford-april-4-1-1115251

Probably when sky didn't get the sole broadcast rights to market the feck out of it.

Yesterday's game and build up was class.

As I said on a thread yesterday the FA Cup became a side show when SKY itself turned up and was allowed to set the footballing agenda in the country which has the sole aim of making as much money out of the game for Murdoch as it could.

We don't play Association Football in England - we play Sky Sport Football.

Money, The premier league, Money, not enough prize money, Sky, foreign owners, money Oh and money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back