What's your favourite modern convenience?

As many people have said, google maps is awesome, but on a global scale I think what3words addressing system is a real game changer. It divides the world into 3x3m squares and addresses each one of them with just three words.

what3words | Addressing the world

Rinse.moves.notion is one I’m sure you’ll all know.

It means you can have separate delivery spots at your house, one for the front and one for the back and even more if your gaff is epic. Canny good once the drone delivery kicks in.

Last edited:
Mine is probably Google maps at the minute. Always put it on when I'm driving, even if I know the way. Fantastic bit of technology.

What's yours?

A smart phone & Jim's ma don't count.

Flush lavvy Frederick, I mean,you got a big ‘un basting in the oven , holding her on the clutch and all you have to do is position the hoop on the throne,spool up, and bang the load into to pan.

Stand up, dab the hoop,maybe a tip of unction to keep her moist, press the button and the load is gone.

Not your problem anymore, down the fcuking pipes to where?

You couldn’t give a fcuk, the load has left the building. Fantastic.

I have a few..
Dishwasher - by a mile
Multi bladed razor - quick and effective
Electric toothbrush - a better clean
Torx socket headed screws - why did it take so long?
And the Tinternet gets a mention

I appreciate a lot of the young'ns on here will have grown up with these and take them for granted but I can remember a life without them!

Heated seats in my Audi in the morning when it is cold - really liking that atm.

for the first 9 yrs of my life I lived in a house with no bathroom, no hot water, no electricity, lit by gas. Mam cooked on an open fire which heated an oven. We had an outside toilet that was an earth midden and wiped our arse on newspaper.

In 1959 we moved into a new council house with hot and cold running water, bathroom and flush toilet, electricity. so I think from 1959 onwards the modern conveniences were my favourites.

for the first 9 yrs of my life I lived in a house with no bathroom, no hot water, no electricity, lit by gas. Mam cooked on an open fire which heated an oven. We had an outside toilet that was an earth midden and wiped our arse on newspaper.

In 1959 we moved into a new council house with hot and cold running water, bathroom and flush toilet, electricity. so I think from 1959 onwards the modern conveniences were my favourites.
We didn’t get hot running water till 1964 when I was 9. Tin bath in front of the coal fire every Friday before that.

Heated seats in my Audi in the morning when it is cold - really liking that atm.
Had a hire car with heated seats a couple of year ago and it was class. Even the bit where they first heat up and it feels a bit like you've pissed yourself. Really resented driving my car about with a cold arse for a while after that.

My mate was showing me this app for his Leaf where you can heat the car up before you even leave the house on a morning. Looked class.

Back