Whats your favourite indian dish..

Starter - chicken momo

Main - Tikka chicken sabka mazza or balti

Rice - coconut (complements a spicy dish)

Naan - garlic, chilli and coriander

Side- sag paneer

Loads of mint dip anarl

Shocking that Tarka dhal doesn’t get mentions.

starters:
poppodoms
onion bhaji
Fried mixed fish
chicken chaat

main
king prawn shashlick
tarka dhal
garlic naan

that‘s between two with some leftovers for next day

Shocking that Tarka dhal doesn’t get mentions.

starters:
poppodoms
onion bhaji
Fried mixed fish
chicken chaat

main
king prawn shashlick
tarka dhal
garlic naan

that‘s between two with some leftovers for next day
I do love a tarkha dhal mind and special props for mentioning the shashlik cos they are lovely tasty kebabs

:lol: This in reference to them ballsing up orders?

Think the last time we went we ordered to madrases n would up with two bhunas. :rolleyes: I was seething but everyone else was happy to tuck in.
What is the best Indian takeaway in Houghton and surrounding areas in your opinion? Still haven't found one I'm consistently happy with.

What is the best Indian takeaway in Houghton and surrounding areas in your opinion? Still haven't found one I'm consistently happy with.
Bhaji's the one we usually go to like and it is usually decent - that debacle I mentioned above is the only real spot of bother I've ever had with them.

Gonna try sitting in at that Palanquin soon - used to be Vermillion. Apparently it's bring ya own booze though.

Bhaji's the one we usually go to like and it is usually decent - that debacle I mentioned above is the only real spot of bother I've ever had with them.

Gonna try sitting in at that Palanquin soon - used to be Vermillion. Apparently it's bring ya own booze though.
I enjoyed the bait at Vermillion. I'll have to give Palanquins a try. I've tried one called Rivvaaj in Houghton which is canny but seems relatively expensive.

Saag Aloo

Chicken Balti

Veg Pilau

Poppadoms

*I used to like the hot stuff but recently spicy food has been giving me canker sores on one side of my tongue. Sad times.

:lol: This in reference to them ballsing up orders?

Think the last time we went we ordered to madrases n would up with two bhunas. :rolleyes: I was seething but everyone else was happy to tuck in.
Yeah, we’ve had a couple of wrong meals but I’ve given them the benefit of the doubt and blamed myself for not being clear enough.

Always been happy enough with the quality though.

Back