Whats your favourite indian dish..

Jashn - Swalwell
Starter
Goa King Prawn with spinach and almond sauce
Main
Moglia Shashlik Chicken (roasted tikka chicken with peppers/onions and topped with curried lamb mince on a sizzling hot plate). Maybe a side dish but no rice
Bread
Chilli, garlic & keema naan (all in 1 not 3) or a paratha

I've never tried a vindaloo but I'd be tempted to if someone else ordered one. I'd dip in.
I don't fancy getting it if I try it and think it's shite. That would be a bit disappointing.
It's one of the reasons I don't try something different in a restaurant or a takeaway.
I used to try something different all the time. But too many times I was disappointed and regretted what I'd ordered. I now just stick to my standard stuff, which is boring but safe.

It's one of the reasons I don't try something different in a restaurant or a takeaway.
I used to try something different all the time. But too many times I was disappointed and regretted what I'd ordered. I now just stick to my standard stuff, which is boring but safe.
Get someone else to order it and dip your naan in!

I think it's a fair request. A bit like trying a pint before you choose it.
Can you do that in pubs?
I went to a scrumpy farm in Somerset years ago and you could try the various ciders he had in casks. The sample glass looked like it had probably never been cleaned since he opened. The cider did a good impression of drain cleaner and I remember my teeth feeling strange after a sip of it.
I came away with a couple of litres of the stuff and calling it drain cleaner was kind of appropriate. Because that's where it ended up, down a drain.

Can you do that in pubs?
I went to a scrumpy farm in Somerset years ago and you could try the various ciders he had in casks. The sample glass looked like it had probably never been cleaned since he opened. The cider did a good impression of drain cleaner and I remember my teeth feeling strange after a sip of it.
I came away with a couple of litres of the stuff and calling it drain cleaner was kind of appropriate. Because that's where it ended up, down a drain.

Good pubs you can, yes. There's so much choice with ales you are better off trying first.
You wouldn't necessarily do it with lager, as there's not such a wide range of taste.

Sharing curries man

Alreet smithy / nessa calm down
Good pubs you can, yes. There's so much choice with ales you are better off trying first.
You wouldn't necessarily do it with lager, as there's not such a wide range of taste.

I seen a tourist in London (possibly Japanese going on appearance) have a little swally of fosters before going on to buy
a pint. I think he'd seen one if the CAMRA lot do it.

Totally understandable on one hand but it cracked me up just cos well its fosters. Lad seemed to enjoy it though he didn't order a 2nd...

Last edited:

Back