Whats your favourite indian dish..

From akkis

mixed kebab ( includes a little potato dumpling kind of thing)

chicken/lamb tikka jalfrezi or vindaloo

keema pilau

chilli and garlic naan

onion bhaji on the side only if really hungry.

was staying in a little village just outside burton on Trent a few years ago, went to an Indian restaurant that was previously a boozer, got a starter that was an egg wrapped in really spicy keema meat with like an egg mesh over it.. never seen it before or since but easily the nicest Indian dish I’ve eaten..

Probs a really super, unctuous Vinda style, sat on sands of Vasai-virar which hits differently.
Its the methi, cardamom and vinegar, and oh so freshly milled red chilli powder.

Rice; wedges trying to be chips; naan; and poppadom, hey??
- The Dabbawala couldn't budge.
Cauli tatie and spinach tatie, and be out.

All talk of Side(s) has you obliterated by a side order of the Ganesha skitters, for the frisk.

Most of what has been mentioned is British food not indian food. I know an indian lad and he does not eat anything like the stuff served in BIR and the like.

But i know what you mean

So....... Prawn Cocktail

Chicken Madras with pilau rice

10 poppadoms

No sweet unless there are lasses present

Lager
I know what ya mean 🤣 I once had a colleague bring a butter chicken his mam made at home and I’ve never had anything like it since.

PS it’s my belief you should be so stuffed after Indian food a sweet doesn’t even cross ya mind

Haway man :lol:
My brother actually did that a few years ago. He’d been over a while and all the locals were pestering him about making him something special for Christmas dinner, in the end he was sick of the hassle and just thought “fuck it” so ended up in McDonalds having a McChicken sandwich meal 😂

Surely no one gets a starter, main, rice and naan and eats it all?

we just get loads and share it. I’m happy as long as there’s a dal in there

I've never tried a vindaloo but I'd be tempted to if someone else ordered one. I'd dip in.
I don't fancy getting it if I try it and think it's shite. That would be a bit disappointing.
Proper vindaloo is made using vinegar and it’s lovely
Fake vindaloo from take away sis nothing like it
Any one order the chefs special sauce

Last edited:
Starter - bhuna prawn on Puri or mixed kebab
Main - chicken korma or chicken makhani (sic?)
Side-onion bhaji or Bombay potatoes
rice - onion pilau
Keema naan

Back