What's the most you'd pay for an item of clothing. ?

£100 for a full length Driza Bone coat.... Ace.. no wet legs.

The rest of my outdoor wardrobe is substance over style and mostly comes from Arco.... DM fleece lined boots

This got me thinking as my brother has just forked out £500 for a moncler jacket. :eek:
I genuinely was shocked , really nice don't get me wrong but 500 beans , madness.
I'd say , 100 quid on trainers if I really liked them and they were going to last.

Well...

Probably the same as mine at that price, that’s bottom end for Moncler to be fair. For clothes I buy what I feel good in regardless of price, but I do prefer quality and I do spend daft money compared to others I know but I work hard enough for it ;)

I've never had anything as good,our lass is sitting op me now and she said it's the only time coat she's ever owned that has managed to keep her warm

(she's a card arsed kernt )
They all the f***ing same mate :)

Probably the same as mine at that price, that’s bottom end for Moncler to be fair. For clothes I buy what I feel good in regardless of price, but I do prefer quality and I do spend daft money compared to others I know but I work hard enough for it ;)

They all the f***ing same mate :)
If you like it fair doos, but I don't understand it me so much better stuff to do with 500 quid imo of course.

Don't spend more than roughly £80/£100 on a specific item. But I buy a shit ton of clobber. Far too much in fact. Always in sales etc.

Last edited:
This got me thinking as my brother has just forked out £500 for a moncler jacket. :eek:
I genuinely was shocked , really nice don't get me wrong but 500 beans , madness.
I'd say , 100 quid on trainers if I really liked them and they were going to last.

Well...

I think you can get an Annapurna jacket for maybe 250 quid which is designed for use in the Himalayas and as such will be more then warm enough for any weather you are ever going to see in the UK seems daft to pay anymore for function so much more than that and you are paying for the little badge IMO

-1 outside and going out the door with the dog .The CG is money well spent come this time of the year .

People paying for £100 a month for sky tv are round the pale in my eyes but we all spend our money as we see fit .

Well...

I doubt a Moncler costing 500 will be too warm. That's pretty cheap for their jackets.

Back