what's the most people you ever had around your house for a subuteo tournament?

Around about 1972 we had a sort of world championship around my house with 16 lads

I think I got knocked out in the semis by Walter Newton who's dad was a good lawn bowler

Used to cost ten shillings or 50p for a team back then.

Two pitches set up at the same time.

Dad got home after a half shift and I got a bit of a clip for the cigarette smoke smell. He was quite happy with the left over bottles of Old English though!

There wasn't an ipad, ipod, smart watch or hash tag boy within 30 years away!!

Around about 1972 we had a sort of world championship around my house with 16 lads

I think I got knocked out in the semis by Walter Newton who's dad was a good lawn bowler

Dad got home after a half shift and I got a bit of a clip for the cigarette smoke smell. He was quite happy with the left over bottles of Old English though!

Quality

Subbuteo was unfortunately a very poor game to play. I had the Italia 90 set with the England and Italy teams. I couldn't for the life of me iron out the crease on the halfway line of the cloth pitch so I literally couldn't get the ball out of my own half :lol:

I went through a stage where I bought loads of teams, corner/throw in takers, stands, cameramen, trophies, dugouts etc out of my pocket money. That made it even worse because all that stuff just got in the way.

Had 3 mates round once, one of them stood up to go to the toilet and said ‘who’s Liverpool?’, ‘me’ I said, ‘Ive just stood on your keeper’ he replied. I was gutted, snapped off from the base!

Back