What's the most expensive thing you've ever drunk?

this popped in my head from the Whisky thread...

Mate came back from some place with a bottle of Johnny Walker blue Label, cost him £250-£300. tasted like silk admittedly, no way I'd spend that on a bottle though....

what's the most expensive shot or bottle the SMB has supp'd on? and was it worth it ?
Johnny Walker Blue should be between £120-£150, it's my tipple of choice. Usually stock up in duty free, but Costco do it on cheap some times.

My most expensive was a 1976 Caol Ila... preferred the Johnny Walker tbh

Our rig was crew changing in Singapore one time.
The whole crew went to the bar at the top of the Marina Bay Hotel - very very expensive.
One of the lads decided it would be good to buy champagne - well over £100 a bottle!!
The drill crew were getting a bit lairy by this time, so our crowd fucked off to see what Raffles had in store.
It was my turn for the drinks - and of course EVERYONE wanted the "Singapore Slings" - I didn't have enough cash on me, so out came the credit card.:evil::evil:

this popped in my head from the Whisky thread...

Mate came back from some place with a bottle of Johnny Walker blue Label, cost him £250-£300. tasted like silk admittedly, no way I'd spend that on a bottle though....

what's the most expensive shot or bottle the SMB has supp'd on? and was it worth it ?

Bought my dad a bottle of nice vintage whiskey for £180 for his birthday once and had a glass of it. Smoothest whiskey I ever tasted. Beautiful. And I'm not even a whiskey drinker. Definitely worth the money.

The most expensive thing I've ever drank in its entirety was a bottle of 25-year old red wine I bought for £80. Meh. It was interesting as I'd never had a wine that old before but even if I could afford to drink it regularly I wouldn't want to when there are so many wines I enjoy more for a fraction of the price.

Bought my dad a bottle of nice vintage whiskey for £180 for his birthday once and had a glass of it. Smoothest whiskey I ever tasted. Beautiful. And I'm not even a whiskey drinker. Definitely worth the money.

The most expensive thing I've ever drank in its entirety was a bottle of 25-year old red wine I bought for £80. Meh. It was interesting as I'd never had a wine that old before but even if I could afford to drink it regularly I wouldn't want to when there are so many wines I enjoy more for a fraction of the price.
I think wine is all down to taste anyway.....depends on your own pallette...I've drunk pricier ones that just tasted a bit shite compared to others....
Agree on the Whisky though, just for smoothness....

I think wine is all down to taste anyway.....depends on your own pallette...I've drunk pricier ones that just tasted a bit shite compared to others....
Agree on the Whisky though, just for smoothness....

Yeah, from the same wine shop I had a few for £40ish that were a lot younger and much tastier objectively but not really to my taste. A lot of my favourite wines have been in the £8 - £20 range. Probably just that I've bought way more bottles at that range than I have at higher prices. Perhaps if I had the money to spend £80 a bottle on wine regularly I'd find ones I really liked around that price. Like I said, the 25-year-old one was interesting, but it was just a bit too smooth for my taste. I prefer wines that are a bit bigger. I'm glad I tried it, as it gave me some insight into wine age with the taste and colour, but I wouldn't splash out on a crate of it.

Yeah, from the same wine shop I had a few for £40ish that were a lot younger and much tastier objectively but not really to my taste. A lot of my favourite wines have been in the £8 - £20 range. Probably just that I've bought way more bottles at that range than I have at higher prices. Perhaps if I had the money to spend £80 a bottle on wine regularly I'd find ones I really liked around that price. Like I said, the 25-year-old one was interesting, but it was just a bit too smooth for my taste. I prefer wines that are a bit bigger. I'm glad I tried it, as it gave me some insight into wine age with the taste and colour, but I wouldn't splash out on a crate of it.
I wonder if it's my pallette that's shite and the wines are amazing....:lol: but yeh, up to around £20 seems to suffice as decent s'up....my fav is probably Rex Mundi at around £10-£12 a pop.....

I wonder if it's my pallette that's shite and the wines are amazing....:lol: but yeh, up to around £20 seems to suffice as decent s'up....my fav is probably Rex Mundi at around £10-£12 a pop.....

:lol: I'm a smoker, so I'm sure there are aspects of the taste that I can't taste at all, and other things that I can taste that aren't in the wine at all. For years I've wondered whether it would be worth starting a website "wines for smokers" doing wine reviews from a smoker's point of view. :lol:

:lol: I'm a smoker, so I'm sure there are aspects of the taste that I can't taste at all, and other things that I can taste that aren't in the wine at all. For years I've wondered whether it would be worth starting a website "wines for smokers" doing wine reviews from a smoker's point of view. :lol:
you'd make a killing I reckon....! sponsors n'all that...
get on it!

My ex boss took the customs bureau out for dinner at the hotel next to the Birds Nest stadium in Beijing, he had three colleagues with him and the first went to pay the bill then after a bit the second and the third went - finally they came back for the boss. The bill was so high the other three lads had maxed out their credit cards and they needed him to pay the rest. As regards drink probably some 10 year old Mao Tai in China which was a couple of hundred quid a bottle and tasted like absolute crap.
Yep, expensive Mao Tai was mainly responsible for my huge bill in China

Our rig was crew changing in Singapore one time.
The whole crew went to the bar at the top of the Marina Bay Hotel - very very expensive.
One of the lads decided it would be good to buy champagne - well over £100 a bottle!!
The drill crew were getting a bit lairy by this time, so our crowd fucked off to see what Raffles had in store.
It was my turn for the drinks - and of course EVERYONE wanted the "Singapore Slings" - I didn't have enough cash on me, so out came the credit card.:evil::evil:
You told me it was that Russian hooker's pussy juice...

$500 bottle of champagne in Singapore, great at the time, big regret in the morning. Supped a several thousand dollar Japanese bottle of sake brought to the project completion in Vietnam from the big boss from japan. Was at the management table, Ivan the South African basket case removed it to the plebs table. The fallout was hilarious, uk bosses on whichunt, Japanese boss found us ant got rat arsed with us, we poured him into his limo later, asking us to join him in karaoke.
I guess you had to be there.

Back