What's the most expensive thing you've ever drunk?

Lukas73

Striker
this popped in my head from the Whisky thread...

Mate came back from some place with a bottle of Johnny Walker blue Label, cost him £250-£300. tasted like silk admittedly, no way I'd spend that on a bottle though....

what's the most expensive shot or bottle the SMB has supp'd on? and was it worth it ?

I've got a bottle of this at home
Jack Daniel's Monogram - Bot.2004 : The Whisky Exchange

Bought it for about £50 about 10 years ago at a duty free. Got it home, tried it wasn't overly keen. Had it bit more over the years when I had little else in and managed to lose the cap in a drunken state. It was only a couple of years ago that I saw what it is now worth :oops:

I've still got half of it, the cap has been replaced with cling film but I doubt it's any good.

Pretty sure it will be a Bailey's and Tia Maria for 9 pound odd. Unless whole bottles count then a bottle of prosecco / wine for 20 quid.

Me an a mate after a canny win, drunkenly ordered a large measure of 'the most expensive cognac you've got', expecting it to be a few hundred dollars - turned out it was $1500 a shot.

Managed to catch the barman and change it quickly to a lesser $200 a shot.

I didn't get much change out of a £20 for a pint and a glass of wine at Rockliffe. The pint was for me though so I don;t think I drank the really expensive drink.

of my own purchase...a bottle of Port Ellen 1980

bought it many years ago in Strachans in Ballater ( a superb old style shop) for the princely sum of 123 quid and of course it was bought to drink..It would be worth over a grand now like.

£10 for a bottle of Jaipur X is the first thing that comes to mind for being stupidly expensive for what it is, but obviously I've had drinks in bars that were more.

Got a £150 bottle of scotch in the cupboard, but that was given rather than bought.

We generally get that chateau cheval blanc 1947 at our local resteraunt.
Most expensive wine I'll ever buy but worth it. Usually can only go there 3 or 4 times a year so can afford it after saving up.

Diplomatico "Ambassodors Selection " Rum.

I was on holiday in Mexico and drinking with an american rum enthusiast who got very excited to see it behind the bar. He made a big song and dance about how it was like the "champagne of rum". Venezuelan too
So I got one, and it seemed pricey but wasnt too excessive. Quite nice, but Rum isnt my thing so I thought nothing of it.

Saw an article in a sunday supplement a few months ago. It's nearly £400 a bottle over here

Krug or Dom Perignon. The Fosters and Carling of posh champagnes. They were about 100 quid a bottle. Gutted when I knocked one of them over, I didn't lose much as I moved faster than I've ever done before in my life to straighten up the bottle.

I've got a bottle of this at home
Jack Daniel's Monogram - Bot.2004 : The Whisky Exchange

Bought it for about £50 about 10 years ago at a duty free. Got it home, tried it wasn't overly keen. Had it bit more over the years when I had little else in and managed to lose the cap in a drunken state. It was only a couple of years ago that I saw what it is now worth :oops:

I've still got half of it, the cap has been replaced with cling film but I doubt it's any good.
kin'ell :eek:
Diplomatico "Ambassodors Selection " Rum.

I was on holiday in Mexico and drinking with an american rum enthusiast who got very excited to see it behind the bar. He made a big song and dance about how it was like the "champagne of rum". Venezuelan too
So I got one, and it seemed pricey but wasnt too excessive. Quite nice, but Rum isnt my thing so I thought nothing of it.

Saw an article in a sunday supplement a few months ago. It's nearly £400 a bottle over here
Tried some diplomatico the other week, not sure it was the top gear mind....nice drop though.

Me an a mate after a canny win, drunkenly ordered a large measure of 'the most expensive cognac you've got', expecting it to be a few hundred dollars - turned out it was $1500 a shot.

Managed to catch the barman and change it quickly to a lesser $200 a shot.
run away!!!! :lol::lol:

Back