What's going to happen to China, long term?

Making us a shit load of ventilators for free would be a good start.
Not copying there procedures for coping with pandemics would be a start.
I was told by a Chinese guy that in the great famine, when the direct death toll was estimated around 40 million, poverty and starvation led some rural chinese to take their children to neighbouring villages to exchange for other village's children. The children were then cannibalised. He seemed very sincere. What can you say, the barbarity of Mao and the trauma that was visited on the people was so deep yet we frame questions amongst ourselves that quite possibly have no echo in their frame of cultural reference.

I was told by a Chinese guy that in the great famine, when the direct death toll was estimated around 40 million, poverty and starvation led some rural chinese to take their children to neighbouring villages to exchange for other village's children. The children were then cannibalised. He seemed very sincere. What can you say, the barbarity of Mao and the trauma that was visited on the people was so deep yet we frame questions amongst ourselves that quite possibly have no echo in their frame of cultural reference.
Once is horrific, but twice!

Last edited:

I feel like we need to ask people like @MrOompapa to weigh in here, but surely something has to change now. This is the second major coronavirus pandemic the world has faced in the last 20 years, both of which are thought to have originated in Chinese wet markets, due to the staggering lack of hygiene, cramped conditions and mixing of many different animals - dead and alive alike.

Surely the international community has to force China into making changes. They might have got away with it since SARS killed less than a thousand with the impact limited mostly to neighbouring countries, but this pandemic has the potential to kill many, many more people than SARS did.

They can't be allowed to continue in this manner, running incubators for zoonotic viruses which will eventually mutate and cause pandemics.
Wet markets :lol: :lol:

Wet markets :lol: :lol:

Plenty of good evidence to implicate the wet market as the place. You troll the board saying the pandemic was planned but you’re either too thick to work out who planned it or too much of a coward and won’t say.

Didn’t have you down as a coward but why else would you keep saying it’s planned and then bottle it when you’re asked?

A typo doesn't half tickle me too DJ. Especially 2 weeks later :lol: :lol:
Just read that you're thick and a coward...it must be true because some one typed it. I'll probably spend the rest of my life pondering and reassessing my forum connection with you. The fact that you haven't denied these accusations tells me one thing...

You don't give a shit 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Back