What's best to do on Saturday? - Drink wise

Jamie T

Full Back
Few of the lads struggling to make our minds up, not sure on whether to get down to the Wembley area early and go to the pubs or to stay in central London until 12/1ish. My only worry is that there'd be next to no atmosphere away from the ground, so was just wondering what people are doing.

Few of the lads struggling to make our minds up, not sure on whether to get down to the Wembley area early and go to the pubs or to stay in central London until 12/1ish. My only worry is that there'd be next to no atmosphere away from the ground, so was just wondering what people are doing.
There was atmosphere on the tubes absolutely nowhere near wembley last time I was done. Every pub seemed to be full of us.

We're staying at Kings X, what time would you suggest to head over?
Direct tube on the Metropolitan Line from Kings Cross to Wembley Park. Will be busier on the day but normally the journey is around 20-25 mins iirc. It depends when you want to get to the ground but I'd be getting nervous if I wasn't on the move by 1.30pm. I like to get into the ground and take the prematch atmosphere in though

The barrel vault in st Pancras station was decent before the Portsmouth final. Not too far from kings Cross and 20 mins from Wembley Park on the metropolitan line.

Probably only worth it if you getting the train into kings Cross or staying in the area.

Edit: is a spoons as well wo prices aren't ridiculous

The barrel vault in st Pancras station was decent before the Portsmouth final. Not too far from kings Cross and 20 mins from Wembley Park on the metropolitan line.

Probably only worth it if you getting the train into kings Cross or staying in the area.
Staying in Kings X travelodoge so sounds decent for us

Also unsure, our coach will be getting to the car park at 12ish.

That spoons we've been allocated sounds a good shout. Was going to bring a few cans each anyway and slyly have some outside the pub in case it's packed solid.

I expect the Barrel Vault to be packed from the moment it opens. It's always busy on a Saturday morning anyway so not the best choice if you want something to eat as it can be hard to get a table.

Always stay away from Wembley and always plenty of lads about, though not with the singing. Don't drink too much!

Pubs near Wembley are instructed to close by 1.45, and the whole surrounding area has a heavily-enforced no street drinking order. None of the supermarkets, offies, or corner shops will be selling alcohol either. There's some cracking pubs round West Hampstead and Finchley Road tubes though.

Aye we did West Hampstead last time before heading to the ground.

I expect the Barrel Vault to be packed from the moment it opens. It's always busy on a Saturday morning anyway so not the best choice if you want something to eat as it can be hard to get a table.
This is my main concern of the day. :lol: I'd like to think I'll get summit in O'Neill's* but I imagine it'll be stowed off. We roll in about 10am.

*Always our first point of call on a trip to the capital. I like to etch FTM into the ice on the Heineken pumps. Of course I'm not childish or owt.

This is my main concern of the day. :lol: I'd like to think I'll get summit in O'Neill's* but I imagine it'll be stowed off. We roll in about 10am.

*Always our first point of call on a trip to the capital. I like to etch FTM into the ice on the Heineken pumps. Of course I'm not childish or owt.

Use it as on opportunity to have your first ever Pret?

Back