Whatever happens at Wembley it’s been a good season

Negative plodding football is the consequence of purchasing slow, plodding players. The recruitment needs to be looked at and improved upon, there’s no doubt about that. But Ross should be given a chance to make a proper impact.
Agree with this. But we have some young lads with pace and energy who should have been properly blooded this season. We will now be forced if we go up to play the same plodders including the worst one of all.

Fully agree marra. This I think is down to JR not having a clue who his best team is all season.
I'd also like to see a change in who we buy.
We don't seem to have changed.
We need to be after young hungry folk who can possibly make the step up to the championship like Onien rather than older players who championship clubs don't want.
Agree with this as well...but we are stuck with said players. Cattermole isn't going anywhere and he will cost a disproportionate amount for his contribution next season. 60 games in a piss poor league and Ross still doesn't know his best team? Blimey.

Last edited:

Agree with this. But we have some young lads with pace and energy who should have been properly blooded this season. We will now be forced if we go up to play the same plodders including the worst one of all.

Agree with this as well...but we are stuck with said players. Cattermole isn't going anywhere and he will cost a disproportionate amount for his contribution next season. 60 games in a piss poor league and Ross still doesn't know his best team? Blimey.

I was wondering how long it’d be before Cattermole was mentioned. The thing is with Cattermole, he’s actually been one of our best players and performers. In fact the three most consistent and influential players this season were all heavily involved in our relegation last year; McGeady, Maja and Cattermole. Of the players we have brought in, I think only the keeper has really improved us from last season. That’s concerning considering how dreadful we were last season. The recruitment has to be right this close season regardless of which division we find ourselves in

It's amazing how 1 game will, in most people's eyes, be the difference between a great season and a terrible season.

Modern day football, fine line between these 2 scenarios.

Not really. The result of this 1 game is the difference between an acceptable season and an unacceptable season.

The chance for it to have been a “great” season is long gone. That’s not to say I won’t be euphoric if we win, of course I will, but it won’t be a “great season” regardless. Winning will make it acceptable/bearable, but still miles below par.

If we lose then its been a shite season with an unacceptable outcome of remaining in this god awful league. If we win it is an acceptable season with a decent outcome, despite the lowest league finish in our history. There isnt any inbetween in my eyes.

You wouldn't think so by reading some of the posts on here. All things considered with the changes in regime I would have settled for where we are now before a ball was kicked pre season. O K football hasn't been great but what do you expect. In this di vision

Back