Whatever happens at Wembley it’s been a good season

I keep saying it. Where we were this time last season I’ve have took someones hands off to be where we are now.

I've enjoyed it. After feeling the blow of back to back relegations and the doom we were facing with Ellis this time last year, it's been an brilliant season with the takeover and team building. Yes it would have been nice to go up automatically but after all the changes, new players and injuries we've had to juggle, cup finalists at Wembley and play off finalists is a decent achievement. Personally, I've tackled some demons and I've been more sociable this season and made some new friends too :D

He has given himself a second chance has JR. lose and I will be baying for blood, win? Second chance will be granted and I will give him a clean slate as if it was day 1. How this proceeds from here, Mr Ross, is up to you.
That's big of you. I'm sure Mr Ross will be delighted that you're so magnanimous.

Knives being sharpened already (if we fail at the final hurdle) by some of the above replies.....all about opinions I suppose...
Lack of comprehension also plays its part....

Last edited:
Last edited:
It certainly has, I saw plenty of grounds I had not visited before, but no way I want to see them again.

You don’t belong down here.
You will soon be where you belong but reckon in a few years time you will look back to the time when you were down in the lower leagues with a degree a fondness.
Without doubt you have made an impression and generally I would think a good one. Respect works both ways but I strongly believe your fans have not left a legacy of arrogance and if I was you I would feel a sense of pride around that.
For every Sunderland there are a Swindon, Port Vale, Oldham to name a few that continue to live the dream and hope. We too travel less in numbers but are as loyal as the next.

You don’t belong down here.
You will soon be where you belong but reckon in a few years time you will look back to the time when you were down in the lower leagues with a degree a fondness.
Without doubt you have made an impression and generally I would think a good one. Respect works both ways but I strongly believe your fans have not left a legacy of arrogance and if I was you I would feel a sense of pride around that.
For every Sunderland there are a Swindon, Port Vale, Oldham to name a few that continue to live the dream and hope. We too travel less in numbers but are as loyal as the next.
I have said it before. I feel very humble when our coaches pull into a service station and there is a solitary coach from Hartlepool for example with about twenty/thirty of their supporters on. ITHICS means a lot to them too.

There's failure and then there's FAILURE.

Season before last we came bottom of the Premiership, worst team in the league and 17 points from staying up! Now that was a massive failure.

Last season bottom of the Championship, worst team in the league. That was spectacular failure.

This season, if we do miss out in the final, then, sure, technically we'll have failed to achieve what we hoped for. By the slenderest of margins. But it would also be progress and a platform to build on.

There's always some dumbass parent who will berate a child who's worked hard all year, because they only came second in the class. And didn't they tell little Alfie, that he should be aiming to be top?

Surely Sunderland fans can recognise that failure ain't completely black and white.

Spot on mate

He has given himself a second chance has JR. lose and I will be baying for blood, win? Second chance will be granted and I will give him a clean slate as if it was day 1. How this proceeds from here, Mr Ross, is up to you.

You're one of them, then :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back