Whatever happens at Wembley it’s been a good season

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by Turnip from the Tip, May 17, 2019.

1. and a very good job performed by Jack Ross. Nobody can now deny this. Time to get behind this bloke and back him to the hilt, regardless of the result a week on Sunday.

Alma, quick maths, JohnAin and 19 others like this.
  2. Richie K

Richie K Winger

It's amazing how 1 game will, in most people's eyes, be the difference between a great season and a terrible season.

Modern day football, fine line between these 2 scenarios.

kp10, scotch, Arkle and 6 others like this.
  3. dred

dred Winger

It certainly has, I saw plenty of grounds I had not visited before, but no way I want to see them again.

hank williams and BigPete like this.
  4. Chop Buster

Chop Buster Central Defender

I love a good Turnip troll thread

5. It's not really such a fine line though is it, marra? It's arguably more a question of understanding. Luck plays way more part in football (and life) than some are prepared to accept.

6. It will be the difference between job done and failure IMO

cooky, Ghandi Floss, offmenut and 4 others like this.
  7. Richie K

Richie K Winger

Club was a basket case last summer and the owners and Ross did a good job in pulling together a competitive squad with an excellent team spirit.

If we don't go up it will be down to the January business which was very disappointing.

northernlight, TZMouk, Alma and 6 others like this.
  8. alicante mackem

alicante mackem Striker

I agree with Jarvis on this one. It's been enjoyable. Yes it's the third division but I actually enjoy watching us and I like the players, they are overall a great bunch of lads and they are not even Chinese.

TZMouk, admwil, PulseSafc and 9 others like this.
  9. burb

burb Midfield

I enjoyed the opening day.

10. DPTT

DPTT Winger

Unfortunately this.

11. 50:50 at best. But a great achievement just to have the chance. We haven’t been closer all season

12. Quillips

Quillips Winger

There's failure and then there's FAILURE.

Season before last we came bottom of the Premiership, worst team in the league and 17 points from staying up! Now that was a massive failure.

Last season bottom of the Championship, worst team in the league. That was spectacular failure.

This season, if we do miss out in the final, then, sure, technically we'll have failed to achieve what we hoped for. By the slenderest of margins. But it would also be progress and a platform to build on.

There's always some dumbass parent who will berate a child who's worked hard all year, because they only came second in the class. And didn't they tell little Alfie, that he should be aiming to be top?

Surely Sunderland fans can recognise that failure ain't completely black and white.

13. Jay

Jay Midfield

He has given himself a second chance has JR. lose and I will be baying for blood, win? Second chance will be granted and I will give him a clean slate as if it was day 1. How this proceeds from here, Mr Ross, is up to you.

14. Johnsafc

Johnsafc Striker

Get what you're saying mate but I'd still get rid. I know that we now won't get rid however we have underperformed performance wise in a lot of games & I haven't seen much in terms of development from the younger players.

Kermit likes this.
  15. Op has slagged off Ross all season

dred likes this.
  16. john h

john h Midfield

Knives being sharpened already (if we fail at the final hurdle) by some of the above replies.....all about opinions I suppose...

17. Zidane

Zidane Winger

I agree it's been a decent stop the rot season.

But lose at Wembley and there is going to be hell on again.

If many of the posters are true to their word from a few weeks ago then Wembley won't sell out.

18. Fuck off Jarvis

19. dangermows

dangermows Striker

I've enjoyed it but if we don't go up its been a failure.

20. mackembulldog

mackembulldog Winger

I got it :lol:

alicante mackem likes this.