What you getting dressed up as for Halloween?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not marra, some people on my course were like "here, Frijj, what are you doing for halloween" and I said "Nowt" and then they said "We're having a fancy dress house party then going out, do you want to come" and as I processed what they said, it was like time stood still. People wanted to be my friend. I couldn't believe it.

I almost cried.
:lol: This has got bucket of pig's blood prank wrote all over it this mind.

when did everyone become so precious?
Named and shamed?

That usually happens, doesn't it? In fact it happens a good few times a year.

Like those pyjamas that Zara were selling. They had a hooped design and a star on the chest. I think they were supposed to be a sheriff style design. However, someone posted on some form of social media that they resembled the uniforms given to the Jews in Nazi concentration camps. This eventually took off and Zara stopped selling them.

Last year, ASDA/Tesco whoever withdrew a 'mental patient' outfit down because someone - again on social media - said it was offensive to those with mental illnesses.

Some I understand, like the mental patient one. Aye, that could be offensive to the mentally ill. However the Zara pyjamas? That was really just a design, the design wasn't offensive, but someone found offence in it.

:lol: This has got bucket of pig's blood prank wrote all over it this mind.

That would a right Carrie on

Like those pyjamas that Zara were selling. They had a hooped design and a star on the chest. I think they were supposed to be a sheriff style design. However, someone posted on some form of social media that they resembled the uniforms given to the Jews in Nazi concentration camps. This eventually took off and Zara stopped selling them.

Last year, ASDA/Tesco whoever withdrew a 'mental patient' outfit down because someone - again on social media - said it was offensive to those with mental illnesses.

Some I understand, like the mental patient one. Aye, that could be offensive to the mentally ill. However the Zara pyjamas? That was really just a design, the design wasn't offensive, but someone found offence in it.

That would a right Carrie on
tell you what would set social media on fire. if you went as an ebola patient.........actually with ebola :lol:

Apart from it being irredeemably shit and everything that is wrong with Halloween, what is offensive about this costume though?

Apart from it being irredeemably shit and everything that is wrong with Halloween, what is offensive about this costume though?

I don't personally find it offensive but I guarantee someone will say it undermines or makes light of a global pandemic. I think it's funny and topical myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back