What will kill off mankind?

• Thread starter Deleted member 43869
  • Start date

An extinction level event. Something out of mankinds control. the universe will decide when enough is enough and that will be that.

A failure of IT systems or power infrastructure which is needed for said IT systems.
Excellent call. Look how dependent we are on the Internet, that will only get worse as time goes on. When we have machines running the planet we will be in trouble.
I do wonder if there will ever be an incident that would incapacitate all I.T systems and the consequence of this.
Massive solar flare?

Last edited:
in the chaos of the ensuing civil war, Scotland invades just as Sunderland are winning. Northern britain unites and go back to our old hobbie of killing scotsmen at nevilles cross

In the early 90s I was working at Durham City Council, and one bloke was organising an anniversary event to commorate the battle of Nevilles Cross, and I was typing up a list of businesses around Durham he wanted to ask to see if they wanted to sponsor the event. I challenged him about one business on list...

me: ”Are you sure you want to ask them to sponsor?”

Him: “Yeah, yeah, cannot see any issue with it, it will be fine...”

Me: “Really? You don’t see a problem with contacting a company called Scottish Widows...”

Him: (puzzled) “I don’t understand what you getting at?”

Me: “They called Scottish Widows.... (blank stare)... You want to ask a company called Scottish Widows to sponsor a battle where the Scottish army were decimated, and thereby creating a load of Scottish widows!!!”

Him: “Still don’t see what the harm is in asking...just add them to list and we will get the letters out.”

Last edited:
In the early 90s I was working at Durham City Council, and one bloke was organising an anniversary event to commorate the battle of Nevilles Cross, and I was typing up a list of businesses around Durham he wanted to ask to see if they wanted to sponsor the event. I challenged him about one business on list...

me: ”Are you sure you want to ask them to sponsor?”

Him: “Yeah, yeah, cannot see any issue with it, it will be fine...”

Me: “Really? You don’t see a problem with contacting a company called Scottish Widows...”

Him: (puzzled) “I don’t understand what you getting at?”

Me: “They called Scottish Widows.... (blank stare)... You want to ask a company called Scottish Widows to sponsor a battle where the Scottish army were decimated, and thereby creating a load of Scottish widows!!!”

Him: “Still don’t see what the harm is in asking...just add them to list and we will get the letters out.”
:lol::lol::lol:

You'd probably be able to do anything you wanted without consequence, total anarchy.
👍 This all day long. An accidental nuclear war will obliterate the world we know by taking out the IT and we’ll go back to Medieval times. People will not be able to cope. Law and order will break down and smaller tribes of whoever is left will form with ruthless warlords as tribe leaders.

If there is not already a book about this then somebody should write one because this is what will happen.

50-100 years from now maximum.

Last edited:

Back