What will happen to motorbikes?

No im sure those stats for countrywide etc have a lot more research and everything in but ill stick with my stats that i deal with in that 75% of time the rider is at fault and thats what ill continue to go off as its from personal experience. Usually ends a lot more messy as well

I think this article refers to you.

"Over the years, people have wrongly come to
believe that bikers are responsible for most motorcycle accidents. Nothing can be farther from the truth as
statistics clearly show that in over half of the cases, another vehicle is
involved, and motorcycle accidents are usually
caused due to the reckless behavior of car and truck drivers who don’t pay
attention to motorcyclists on the road.

Almost 42% of the motorcycle accidents involving another vehicle were
due to the fault of car or truck driver who failed
to take notice of the motorcycle coming from the opposite direction while
taking a turn left.

In most cases, often the driver of the other vehicle is responsible, however,
the biker is blamed due to a lack of
awareness and public perception of bikers being portrayed as "reckless drivers".
"

I think this article refers to you.

"Over the years, people have wrongly come to
believe that bikers are responsible for most motorcycle accidents. Nothing can be farther from the truth as
statistics clearly show that in over half of the cases, another vehicle is
involved, and motorcycle accidents are usually
caused due to the reckless behavior of car and truck drivers who don’t pay
attention to motorcyclists on the road.

Almost 42% of the motorcycle accidents involving another vehicle were
due to the fault of car or truck driver who failed
to take notice of the motorcycle coming from the opposite direction while
taking a turn left.

In most cases, often the driver of the other vehicle is responsible, however,
the biker is blamed due to a lack of
awareness and public perception of bikers being portrayed as "reckless drivers".
"

No. I deal first hand with collisions and who is actually at fault and not perception, its speaking professionally. But like i said to another poster i understand there will be a lot more bumps where cars are very much to blame.

No. I deal first hand with collisions and who is actually at fault and not perception, its speaking professionally. But like i said to another poster i understand there will be a lot more bumps where cars are very much to blame.
If you're dealing with collisions and who is actually at fault then you must be a judge. If you're not a judge then it can only be your perception of who is to blame.
The best statistic I could find was that 77% of motorcycle accidents are NOT the fault of the rider (but that was for the USA) yet 75% of motorcycle accidents you are involved with ARE the fault of the rider! Hmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're dealing with collisions and who is actually at fault then you must be a judge. If you're not a judge then it can only be your perception of who is to blame.
The best statistic I could find was that 77% of motorcycle accidents are NOT the fault of the rider (but that was for the USA) yet 75% of motorcycle accidents you are involved with ARE the fault of the rider! Hmmm.

Knew there was a reason for the ignore button

Last edited by a moderator:
That must be very interesting but I imagine complex to determine if there is no film/cctv etc.

Would you be willing to share some of the things that go into your decision making.

I appreciate its your job and understand if you would prefer not too. I just find it fascinating

@BlackOps

That must be very interesting but I imagine complex to determine if there is no film/cctv etc.

Would you be willing to share some of the things that go into your decision making.

I appreciate its your job and understand if you would prefer not too. I just find it fascinating

@BlackOps

For serious collisions usually a forensic collision investigators come out and they can tell you things you never thought would be possible from something as simple as a tyre. Its a science that judges dont argue with.
Thought i would have a conversation about why my perception is so different from the stats.
A thought i have is that most riders who ride well have to have a much better skill of hazard perception and forward planning than drivers. Lapses in concentration are much more costly on a bike than in a car. I guess thats just the nature of it.
There will be hundreds and thousands of accidents of cars pulling out etc that we dont get called out to therefore never deal with therefore i understand my perception will not be fact. Ive stated that. Some on here have taken that a little personally even to the point of insinuating im racist :rolleyes:
From the riders on here though, after a collision and injury how many of you have got back on to ride?

I mentioned this earlier in the thread - that bikers are enthusiastic about all things bike. Car drivers don’t spend hours researching tyres for example.

I recently took the driving test theory and perception test just as an exercise.

Yes look at me - I did really well!!!

I have never been hit on my bike but I have some form of “incident” virtually every ride.

Avoiding actual incidents is a combination of experience, concentration, and I suppose a measure of good fortune.

Not riding like you are on a track also helps.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread - that bikers are enthusiastic about all things bike. Car drivers don’t spend hours researching tyres for example.

I recently took the driving test theory and perception test just as an exercise.

Yes look at me - I did really well!!!

I have never been hit on my bike but I have some form of “incident” virtually every ride.

Avoiding actual incidents is a combination of experience, concentration, and I suppose a measure of good fortune.

Not riding like you are on a track also helps.

I would probably be out of the job if every driver had and used the skills of hazard perception rather than what they can just see now. In police advanced driving which is on another level, shouldnt usually drive for over 2 hours due to the mental strain so can see why its not just about riding skill. Definitely a life choice rather than a hobby?

Back