What was the best day of your life? (So far)

5th of May 1973. Remember it well.
I do 't remember it so well, it being my first ever day.

Best day for me (so far) was the 2008 New York Marathon. I had planned to just jog behind Paula Radcliffe until she stopped for a crap then Inwas going to sprint past her and try to beat her to the line. That strategy went out of the window afte 100 yards!

I was flagging around 20 miles coming into The Bronx until a I was overtaken by "Larry the Lighthouse", this year with a wooden frame around him, flashing light on top and name tag on the rear. That gave me a humiliating new flash of life to complete the race.

Doing it again this year. Desperate to get sub 5h to get my name in the New York Times. I'll be framing the newspaper page with my medal and it's going on the wall. That will be Bucket List Item #3 ticked off this year.

I do 't remember it so well, it being my first ever day.

Best day for me (so far) was the 2008 New York Marathon. I had planned to just jog behind Paula Radcliffe until she stopped for a crap then Inwas going to sprint past her and try to beat her to the line. That strategy went out of the window afte 100 yards!

I was flagging around 20 miles coming into The Bronx until a I was overtaken by "Larry the Lighthouse", this year with a wooden frame around him, flashing light on top and name tag on the rear. That gave me a humiliating new flash of life to complete the race.

Doing it again this year. Desperate to get sub 5h to get my name in the New York Times. I'll be framing the newspaper page with my medal and it's going on the wall. That will be Bucket List Item #3 ticked off this year.

Best of luck mate - really hope you do it under 5 hours

Back