What type of holiday maker are you ?

I’m off back to Malta next month as it happens.
Going to head one evening down to Marsaxlokk to have a meal and drink round the fishing village there.
Any other similar recommendations ?
Try Jack's Eat house in Qrendi.
Excellent, you won't meet a fellow Brit.
Home made wine on offer as well.
Also try Ferdinand's in Siggiewi, in the past an infamous murder was allegedly plotted there

I thought you liked culture 😍

I do. There's plenty in Turkey. It has a very interesting history with the Lycians, Romans, Ottomans, Greeks and others all living there before the rise of Ataturk and modern day Turkey. There's a bit of an East meets West culture clash where towns have Western influences but you have the Mosque playing the call to prayer music. I liked it.

I do. There's plenty in Turkey. It has a very interesting history with the Lycians, Romans, Ottomans, Greeks and others all living there before the rise of Ataturk and modern day Turkey. There's a bit of an East meets West culture clash where towns have Western influences but you have the Mosque playing the call to prayer music. I liked it.
Bulgaria?

In the last couple of years Valletta has had a record amount of tourists.
The British are in the minority these days.
The British tend to hang around the cheap bars with two interests.
Getting pissed every day and going home like a brown leather handbag 🤔

They go to the mentioned places to get pissed up every day ?

There's a canny few I know reckon Malta is shit, I've not been so can't comment.

Try Jack's Eat house in Qrendi.
Excellent, you won't meet a fellow Brit.
Home made wine on offer as well.
Also try Ferdinand's in Siggiewi, in the past an infamous murder was allegedly plotted there

Thanks mate.
I’ll have a look at them two. Cheers
There's a canny few I know reckon Malta is shit, I've not been so can't comment.

Each to their own mate , but I absolutely love the place.

Depends what kind of holiday. Ideally 1 or 2 city break weekends and 1 relax round the pool or beach holiday and I'm happy

Like doing my own thing, not one for lying on a beach or next to a pool for a week though.

Getting lost in cities

But I have no kids so I understand others need to be practical

Just looking to go away in a few weeks, thinking Japan or Colombia, contrasting I know

I always get off the beaten track, wherever I go, just get lost somewhere and mix with the locals.

I’m still trying to find places most westerners haven’t visited. It was easier a few years ago when most Asian countries were still a mystery,

There’s nothing better than sitting in a bar in some small town in Asia where nobody speaks English, and learning to communicate with the locals.

Back