What tripod do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm.

from that KR article

"Still Think Tripods Make Sharper Images?

Try it yourself. Make a shot from your 'pod at f/22. Then pick up your tool in your own bare hands and make some shots at f/8 or wider. Look for yourself. It's obvious."

Aye lets compare a shot shot at f/22 pretty universally acknowledged as unsharp on most lenses with a shot taken at f/8 usually in the sweet spot for most lenses.

Tripods are f***ing awful to lug about (I can hardly ever be arsed to carry one) but you will NEVER get as sharp a shot handheld at the same aperture as you will with a tripod.

Mines an old Manfroto 055, heavy as fuck. I hate it, but it is solid as owt and I've had it about 15 years and is still going strong.

Last edited:

What's with all you lightweight tripod puffs? :lol:

Manfrotto 055's are only a couple of kilos. I find mine a bit lightweight for tele work and certainly wouldn't like to mount a medium or large format camera on one.

My pride and joy is an ash Berlebach Uni-18 which weighs in at 7.5kg, before I include the telescope kit that goes on it. One thing I have learned from astro photography is you can't have a big enough mount.

Last edited:
What's with all you lightweight tripod puffs? :lol:

Manfrotto 055's are only a couple of kilos. I find mine a bit lightweight for tele work and certainly wouldn't like to mount a medium or large format camera on one.

My pride and joy is an ash Berlebach Uni-18 which weighs in at 7.5kg, before I include the telescope kit that goes on it. One thing I have learned from astro photography is you can't have a big enough mount.

Jesus wept there's a whole tree in that bugger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back