What three words

The technology is already there for the emergency services to be given your exact location whenever you make an emergency call. I have no idea if the system is actually in use but it really should be something that happens automatically every time without having to open an app to work out your position:

AML was developed in the United Kingdom by British Telecom, EE Limited, and HTC as a solution to problematic caller location in emergencies. When a person in distress calls the emergency services with a smart-phone where AML is enabled, the telephone automatically activates its location service to establish its position and sends this information to the emergency services via an SMS. The services uses either a global navigation satellite system or WiFi depending on which one is better at the given moment. It was estimated that this technique is up to 4000 times more accurate than the previously used system. AML is being implemented in the UK by an increasing number of smart-phone manufacturers and mobile network operators: BT, the mobile networks EE, O2 and Three, together with Apple Inc., HTC, Sony, Alcatel, and Samsung handsets, have already successfully implemented AML
It probably falls foul of GDPR regs or something these days

Tbf 3 short words are probably easier to communicate than two strings of numbers in a stressful situation.
I have difficulty with people on phones trying to understand my accent when I’m trying explain what’s wrong with my sodding dishwasher, never mind when I’m trying to tell them three random words, when I’m stressed to fuck.

I’ve downloaded it, but I’m not sure it’s that much easier to say. What happens if the person has a very strong accent or the word is mispronounced?

Ambulances.systemic.forthright

It’s not the easiest thing to say on the phone to 999 when you’re stressed.

I have difficulty with people on phones trying to understand my accent when I’m trying explain what’s wrong with my sodding dishwasher, never mind when I’m trying to tell them three random words, when I’m stressed to fuck.

I’ve downloaded it, but I’m not sure it’s that much easier to say. What happens if the person has a very strong accent or the word is mispronounced?

Ambulances.systemic.forthright

It’s not the easiest thing to say on the phone to 999 when you’re stressed.

Don't you think "Ambulances systemic forthright" rolls of the tongue with a bit more ease than "fifty four point six six four seven eight four one by minus one point nine three four five two four one"?

Back