What three words

Just installed this earlier today as my wife said all the ambulance crews at the hospital where she works are encouraging members of the public to install it.
@DJP's wife says otherwise. No harm in downloading it anyway. It looks potentially really useful.

there are aware of it but no way to implement it on there side

Apologies all. Just checked her earlier message to me and she actually said "Emergency Services" not "Ambulance Service".

This sounds really useful

Outstanding idea if you don't do longitude/latitude which lets face it most of us don't
Don’t most phones come with Google maps on?

Dropped pin then read the grid ref.

(54.6647841, -1.9345241)

Hamsterley Forest.

I’m sure the emergency services can use this data.
Much snappier to use than three words when you're lost and under pressure

You should get that copyrighted

Last edited:
It says the app doesn't need a mobile signal although you'd still need someone to physically go and pass on the location information. Still probably better than 'somewhere up that mountain'.
Exactly! The someone passing on the information doesn't need to go all the way to the emergency services location, just somewhere with a mobile signal so that they can phone them. Bloody good idea IMHO, the more it catches on the more useful it will become.

Its a great idea.
When I go wild camping I can tell the missus where I am going with 3 words rather than a complicated grid ref.

Every little helps.

Read it earlier. Inventor said he tried Lat/long first, but didn't catch on. Sounds quite a good idea to me.

It'd be good for undercover cops letting the crims location known. Though you might need to explain who you are texting.

Would it work at sea if you're lost. Can you get a signal in say the North sea ?

It says the app doesn't need a mobile signal although you'd still need someone to physically go and pass on the location information. Still probably better than 'somewhere up that mountain'.

My point is, you need signal to download the app if you don’t already have it and your phone will have some form of maps installed.

Back