What the hell happened to Christian Benteke?

Was fine after the injury incurred for us?

Not convinced he was a Liverpool type player, which was the start of his fall fro grace.

I was speaking with a Crystal Palace fan the other week, before we played them and he told me Ayew might score (which he did) but Benteke had no chance of scoring.

He seems to have gone backwards. With us, he was head and head with Lukaku for the Belgium spot -Now he seems to be 4th choice for Palace.
Yeah after looking again at his record he was fine after his major injury. I remember him being so dominant in the air but also mobile and pacey which is a combination you don't see often. It's a rapid decline that isn't in line with his age. I think he'd benefit from a move abroad and a fresh challenge.

He's a good footballer but he's a bit too big & stiff comparted to other premier forwards. doesn't help either when your team is always in a relegation scrap and the responsibility for scoring is yours, pretty much alone when the other skilled lad Zaha is one ball greedy...… etc. The attacking fullback is also a bit ball greedy. Playing with those 2 can't help.

He was the main man in the 17/18 season and scored 3 goals in 36 games. Got to be more to it than that.

Roy Hodgson probably had him taking corners...

In all seriousness though,I don't think RH is the man to help him rediscover his form. On the flipside, he's probably on a decent wedge and it wouldn't surprise me if he's sitting tight waiting for someone to match it or better it. Could easily see him moving to China.

High crosses less common in elite football now, analytics show its better to try other means. Starves the air strikers like Benteke of supply unless going for plan B.

Back