What the former Corner Flag pub is to become.

What I had heard was the offer to move to the hotel site was a sweetner to leave the Corner Flag building but there was other premises offered to them too?
Depends if they own the property presumably how much of a sweetener they Need to give them. Plenty of upper floor premises in the city centre that they could go into albeit perhaps at a considerable capital cost to fit out.

fairly sure this is the standard getup for research students these days:

Logon or register to see this image

the modern librarian isnt what you remember from those stuffy imagines from the 50s & 60s... the cultural library of the 2020s will encompass all modern traditions - like irish cultural awareness day...

someone must have thought it was black history month though, easy mistake to make.

I don't seem to remember lady research students ever looking that good.

I think they become more bookish and geeky once they stop being undergrads.

@Charmless Man ?

think its just empty?
Last time I was in there the fans museum lads had a section, must be about five years ago?

Have the council made any announcements for its future use or are they hoping the council tax payers will forget about it and its expense. How long was it in use for 15yrs or so?

Last time I was in there the fans museum lads had a section, must be about five years ago?

Have the council made any announcements for its future use or are they hoping the council tax payers will forget about it and its expense. How long was it in use for 15yrs or so?
It'll longer than that. I reckon mid 90s when that building was done out. It was pretty state of the art at the time. I was on the dole in 97 and got sent there to do a computer course.

Wonder who is funding this.

Presumably makes the current library redundant. Guess the plan will be to turn more around that area (where current library is) residential
The current library already is redundant (not entirely sure what the reasoning behind it was, and I was somewhat sad as I spent a fair bit of time in there as a particularly nerdy youth), but it moved in to the Museum & Winter Gardens about 3 years back.

fairly sure this is the standard getup for research students these days:

the modern librarian isnt what you remember from those stuffy imagines from the 50s & 60s... the cultural library of the 2020s will encompass all modern traditions - like irish cultural awareness day...

someone must have thought it was black history month though, easy mistake to make.
Yal not get blart of that standard in a library .

Flippin' great that is. Sunderland Council seem to be getting far more right than wrong at the moment. After the Culture bid they said that was just the start and they have been true to their word.

Back