What the former Corner Flag pub is to become.

Where you got this info from? That article you posted is nothing to do with it and there's nothing on Google?

Backs up what I said a few months back ;)

Seems odd i
Apparently the fourth restaurant /bar in Keel Square is going to be called the Lounge.

Nor local a national company.

Fits in with the description of what I'd heard. "Big chain don't have much of a foothold in the region"

Cosy Club would have made more sense as The Lounge ones from what I'm seeing seem to be more suburban?

There's an extra 400 people starting in the maker and faber buildings in a couple of month and that's just the start of the city centre filling up before anybody new living there, the culture house or hospital...the keel square area will be a gold mine
Which companies are moving into those buildings?

My wife's old company, More Than (RSA) were scheduled to move in, but this has been cancelled due to a change in the company and some of RSA being sold off to Admiral

There's an extra 400 people starting in the maker and faber buildings in a couple of month and that's just the start of the city centre filling up before anybody new living there, the culture house or hospital...the keel square area will be a gold mine
I was saying to my other half that it should be boom town around there especially with the Empire and the Fire Station giggs and shows

Which companies are moving into those buildings?

My wife's old company, More Than (RSA) were scheduled to move in, but this has been cancelled due to a change in the company and some of RSA being sold off to Admiral
Ah, that's who I was referring to - RSA...this is new, that's the only company I know of that's signed up to go in....this is not good news at all

Ah, that's who I was referring to - RSA...this is new, that's the only company I know of that's signed up to go in....this is not good news at all

Impressive website for Maker & Faber with a really good promotional video. I'm sure there'll be more businesses lined up.

It was unfortunate with RSA but the sale of their personal lines business to Admiral and Atlanta group there wasn't need for a new office

The fourth restaurant /bar at Keel Square?

Loungers plc (trading as Loungers) is a British cafe-bar and restaurant chain founded in 2002 by Alex Reilley, David Reid, and Jake Bishop, with over 200 locations in the United Kingdom. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The chain operates three brands: Lounge, Cosy Club and Brightside.

Cosy Club would be good, always very popular.

First of the Lounge brand to be in the North East I think. Cosy Club in Durham and York
These are OK. On my frequent trips down to Suffolk, I go to one in Sudbury, The Prado Lounge, and one in Bury St. Edmonds, The Edmondo Lounge.
I did note that there was one in Hexham when I was there the other week.
A lot of coffees and food during the day, then beer in the evenings.
All the same style of layout, massive old style lampshades, and big pictures on the wall, giving it the 40's vibe...

Last edited:

First of the Lounge brand to be in the North East I think. Cosy Club in Durham and York

Loungers opened/opening in Washington galleries, cramlkngton and Morpeth.

Presumably they have an agreement for lease in place so will be obligated to honour the lease and other costs (business rates, service charge etc). Shame that we might not have the bodies in the city centre though. Assume they will have right to sub-let.

Last edited:

Back