What surgery have you had?

When I was 20 had a little lump in me neck, could barely see it so went to docs who referred me to consultant.

he said it’s a fatty growths about plumb size after an mri, can leave it as can barely see it or can get it out but as not serious be 18 months at least..chose to get it out.

18 months later gets in for 20 min op. Woke up 4 hours later, fatty lump was actually a tennis balled sized heamatoma that had wrapped itself around me jugular. Explained the headaches, Id of had it if I’d chose to leave it

canny manly scar across me neck like

When I was 20 had a little lump in me neck, could barely see it so went to docs who referred me to consultant.

he said it’s a fatty growths about plumb size after an mri, can leave it as can barely see it or can get it out but as not serious be 18 months at least..chose to get it out.

18 months later gets in for 20 min op. Woke up 4 hours later, fatty lump was actually a tennis balled sized heamatoma that had wrapped itself around me jugular. Explained the headaches, Id of had it if I’d chose to leave it

canny manly scar across me neck like
Aye my necks a sight mind. Look like f***ing frankenstein if I don't shave

Fractured tibia repaired with a bone graft off my hip due to the bone in the leg being 'mush' (plated and pinned). The anaesthetist was a large West Indian and when he knocked me out he just said in his accent "you ain't gonna be in no more pain maarn"! Probably injected me with marijuana!

Pinned ring finger on left hand, I thought it was dislocated so try to pop it back in. Turns out I pulled the shaft off the bone from the joint of 2nd knuckle.

Double hernia operation.

Two back teeth removed after a game of 5-a-side in which I suffered a Summerbee/Thatcher elbow incident. This was done under local anesthesia, I could hear them cracking the roots of the teeth to remove them fully. I could eat and drink water and soup for about a week.

Had surgery twice when I was six and eleven to correct an undescended testicle, both times was under general anaesthetic. I walked around John Wayne after the operation as had both staples and stitches around the groin and the... ahem... other area. I can remember I screamed blue murder when they took the clips and stitches out, as this was the time before dissolvable stitches. Still brings tears to my ears thinking about it.
Same. Unbelievably i went in to the childrens hospital on 6th May 1973 and had the op on the 8th. Missing the parade as it literally passed by my bed. Can't remember any adverse effects mind.

Back