What size TV do you have in your living room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
46. But had this for 5 years and fancy upgrading. Not sure if a 55 inch would look too much but guess only one way to find out :lol:

Would love to be able to have Dolby Atmos with down firing ceiling speakers
Atmos is a complete con, they've saturated the market with standard 5.1 (or 7.1) systems (or more likely crappy soundbars) & so they have to invent another Standard to continue selling more systems. Until up/down channels are encoded they are just taking the piss.

I have ceiling speakers, but they're not down firing. I don't think they are, anyway.
Whoosh? (or upside down house? :lol:)

50" for me. Qualify from uni and start working in 5 weeks so going to planting the seed with our lass that we need a new one.

Has to be a Panasonic though.

32" currently. looking to upgrade but size really doesn't matter as anything bigger would look shit in the space. samsung do a decent looking white tele which i'm partial to as we have (off)white walls. 43" is the smallest it comes in which will be fine as that's not much bigger than the current one with the bezel included.
Logon or register to see this image

55". Looked massive for about ten minutes, then i wished i had gone bigger.
This is what happens.
I had a 50 gave it away and bought a 55. My living room is L shaped and big. I've put the Tele on the wall in the foot of the L so it's kind of out the way and doesn't dominate.

Whats the hand test?

When you go out and look for a new telly apparently you are meant to stand in front of your possible new telly at the same distance as you would sit at home, put your arm out in front of you, straightened but with the hand bend in front of you at the end. If you can see the telly screen behind your hand then the screen is too large for your room from where you will be sitting. Was told this by a telly salesman years ago. Said many people make the mistake of buying a new telly online instead of going to a telly shop and when they get their new telly it is often too large. I sit a couple of metres from mine and can easily see the screen behind my hand. So either my telly is too large for the room and from where I sit or my hands are too small.

3D here as well.

Anothe disagreeing with active being better than passive mind.

Watch the 3D on a 2016 OLED (passive) and you will change your mind!
My LG oled c6 is 3D and was the reason I went with it over the b6 as I'm a massive 3D fan, If people saw how good 3D was on the LG oled range and if it was as good as this it probably wouldn't be dead.

I do disagree about active being better than passive though.
I'm saying that based on older TVs but I have seen the newer ones. Are yours 4K TVs? Do they simply use a alternate pixel lines to produce a 1080p 3D picture whereas a 1080p TV produces a smaller resolution 3D picture?

I'm saying that based on older TVs but I have seen the newer ones. Are yours 4K TVs? Do they simply use a alternate pixel lines to produce a 1080p 3D picture whereas a 1080p TV produces a smaller resolution 3D picture?
Yeah it's 4k, if I am correct I think it loses half of the vertical lines which makes it 1920 so full HD still in 3D.

I have a 1080p 3D active projector and prefer to watch my 3D content on my TV now instead it's so crisp.

It was expensive and I'm lucky to have been in a position I could afford it.

Am I the only one with a 3D TV? Mine is a Samsung 55" Active 3D (better than Passive) and was the top of range £2500 TV a few years back but I picked it up on Gumtree last year for £250 :cool: Even though it's now a dead technology, there's still plenty to watch on 3D from over the years and there's still some stuff being released.

I think it's class as I also got the Samsung 3D Bluray player with 5.1 Surround which is excellent sound quality as the rumble from the bass is deep enough. Watching stuff like Jurassic World/Avatar/Gravity was f***ing class (better at cinema of course) as you get 'immersed' in the picture whereas in 2D you lose the depth but also your peripheral vision seems to become smaller.

Even the daft demo 3D stuff is mad as things literally come out of the screen and it feels as if you can reach out and grab it. Aye the novelty wears off or some simply can't get away with it for some reason (eyesight possibly?) but some of the 3D stuff is a 'different world' when you compare it to the 2D version. Best watched in the dark (I do this anyway) due to flicker if surroundings are light and also helps with the immersive feeling.
Ditched a Samsung 3d TV last Christmas and got a 3d projector. TV was good but the projector is out of this world. And it only cost £340.

Am I the only one with a 3D TV? Mine is a Samsung 55" Active 3D (better than Passive) and was the top of range £2500 TV a few years back but I picked it up on Gumtree last year for £250 :cool: Even though it's now a dead technology, there's still plenty to watch on 3D from over the years and there's still some stuff being released.

I think it's class as I also got the Samsung 3D Bluray player with 5.1 Surround which is excellent sound quality as the rumble from the bass is deep enough. Watching stuff like Jurassic World/Avatar/Gravity was f***ing class (better at cinema of course) as you get 'immersed' in the picture whereas in 2D you lose the depth but also your peripheral vision seems to become smaller.

Even the daft demo 3D stuff is mad as things literally come out of the screen and it feels as if you can reach out and grab it. Aye the novelty wears off or some simply can't get away with it for some reason (eyesight possibly?) but some of the 3D stuff is a 'different world' when you compare it to the 2D version. Best watched in the dark (I do this anyway) due to flicker if surroundings are light and also helps with the immersive feeling.

Try Youtube for a few underwater/reef clips, some are very impressive.

Ditched a Samsung 3d TV last Christmas and got a 3d projector. TV was good but the projector is out of this world. And it only cost £340.

I LOVE 3d, but due to house size limited to 42" ...can get away with a little biggerlike 46/47 but nowhere does them now its 50" only!

love the 55 oleds at work, 3d on it is simply the best picture I have ever seen, cant believe they have ditched it the cretins when there is so much other pap still used.

whats is like on projector in terms of 3d, brightness and definition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back