What size TV do you have in your living room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be arsed reading thru it.
So who has the bragging rights for the biggest and the best ?
Not the biggest but imho anyone would be hard pushed to beat lgs 2016 oled tvs add in a professional calibration and you have one feckin great

55 incher. Big room so looks fine. It's an LG about three years old. Nothing flash but great picture and ok sound. Really need surround or a bar for it though.
I've had surround for years and the kids think that's the norm now. We go to anyone's house with 'normal' sound and they complain that they can't hear it and something must be wrong with the telly.

I've had surround for years and the kids think that's the norm now. We go to anyone's house with 'normal' sound and they complain that they can't hear it and something must be wrong with the telly.
Would love to be able to have Dolby Atmos with down firing ceiling speakers

Am I the only one with a 3D TV? Mine is a Samsung 55" Active 3D (better than Passive) and was the top of range £2500 TV a few years back but I picked it up on Gumtree last year for £250 :cool: Even though it's now a dead technology, there's still plenty to watch on 3D from over the years and there's still some stuff being released.

I think it's class as I also got the Samsung 3D Bluray player with 5.1 Surround which is excellent sound quality as the rumble from the bass is deep enough. Watching stuff like Jurassic World/Avatar/Gravity was f***ing class (better at cinema of course) as you get 'immersed' in the picture whereas in 2D you lose the depth but also your peripheral vision seems to become smaller.

Even the daft demo 3D stuff is mad as things literally come out of the screen and it feels as if you can reach out and grab it. Aye the novelty wears off or some simply can't get away with it for some reason (eyesight possibly?) but some of the 3D stuff is a 'different world' when you compare it to the 2D version. Best watched in the dark (I do this anyway) due to flicker if surroundings are light and also helps with the immersive feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one with a 3D TV? Mine is a Samsung 55" Active 3D (better than Passive) and was the top of range £2500 TV a few years back but I picked it up on Gumtree last year for £250 :cool: Even though it's now a dead technology, there's still plenty to watch on 3D from over the years and there's still some stuff being released.

I think it's class as I also got the Samsung 3D Bluray player with 5.1 Surround which is excellent sound quality as the rumble from the bass is deep enough. Watching stuff like Jurassic World/Avatar/Gravity was f***ing class (better at cinema of course) as you get 'immersed' in the picture whereas in 2D you lose the depth but also your peripheral vision seems to become smaller.

Even the daft demo 3D stuff is mad as things literally come out of the screen and it feels as if you can reach out and grab it. Aye the novelty wears off or some simply can't get away with it for some reason (eyesight possibly?) but some of the 3D stuff is a 'different world' when you compare it to the 2D version. Best watched in the dark (I do this anyway) due to flicker if surroundings are light and also helps with the immersive feeling.
My LG oled c6 is 3D and was the reason I went with it over the b6 as I'm a massive 3D fan, If people saw how good 3D was on the LG oled range and if it was as good as this it probably wouldn't be dead.

I do disagree about active being better than passive though.

Last edited:

3D here as well.

Anothe disagreeing with active being better than passive mind.

Watch the 3D on a 2016 OLED (passive) and you will change your mind!

50"

Went from 30-odd" to the 50 and it felt like I was in the pictures for a couple of weeks. Don't think I'd go any bigger unless I moved house and had a bigger front room.

50" at present, next will be a 65". Just waiting for the oldest lad to move out, will give him this lg 50" and use it as an excuse to upgrade.

We've got a 36 inch HD in ours but it seems tiny. You can get decent 55 inch ones for around £800-£1k and I reckon its about time I got out the 1990s and moved into the present.
32 inch, big enough to watch the endless adverts telling us about cancer, heart attacks, funeral plans and so on. I do not watch it anymore, less than an hour a day. Do not need a bigger screen.

50" inch club here. Replaced a 42" with it and for a full hour it looked massive. Now its just about right. If I go any bigger I would need to replace the tv cabinet though which would involve and in depth discussion with mrs dinsdale and would probably lead to the entire house getting redecorated.

55inch
Far too bloody big but outvoted.

Nee such thing, man! ;)

32 inch, big enough to watch the endless adverts telling us about cancer, heart attacks, funeral plans and so on. I do not watch it anymore, less than an hour a day. Do not need a bigger screen.

You're not wrong there, mind. That and every bugger wanting your credit card for some cause or other and telling you how much you have to give per month.

Last edited:
Mine is bang in the middle of that at 49. I like the size but doing the hand test thing the screen is too large for where it is and from where I sit.

Whats the hand test?

God, you're a right ray of sunshine aren't you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back