What shares you buying?

I hope some people jumped on these.

Touchstone rebounded 25% today based on positive test results
Open Orphan up 40%

:cool::cool::cool::cool:
Yes, thanks, OO last year when you first (or even 2nd time) recommended them & Touchstone last Friday (ages after your 1st rec.) I listened eventually.

What do you think of this future IPO?

"Cyber security firm Darktrace is to float onto the London Stock Exchange in the coming weeks in a move that will be seen as a vote of confidence in the City after Deliveroo’s flopped initial public offering (IPO).

Darktrace, which was established in Cambridge in 2013, is expected to be valued at up to £3bn, with its chief executive Poppy Gustafsson branding the news ‘a historic day for the UK’s thriving tech sector’.

The firm uses artificial intelligence (AI) to detect and repel cyber security threats, operating in what it estimates to be a $40bn (£29bn) a year market. Its revenues jumped to $200m last year as companies sought to beef up security as they moved more of their operations online.

Darktrace now boasts over 4,600 customers worldwide and although still loss-making, operating losses narrowed from $21.5m to $4.9m in the first half of the current financial year."

Up 48% already this past month. Damn wish I'd bought more, I'm only ankle deep, or even toe deep, where do you draw the line?
I wish Cineworld would get it's arse in gear again. I'd bale out if it got to 1.20 soon and stick it in orph too. It's your decision though, but if feel safe in Orph 👍

I’ve only really got into investing relatively recently with stocks and shares but my portfolios went up around 16% in just over a month since I started so I’m happy so far.

A pretty good week for my sensible portfolio which is where I have boring shares and funds for the long term.

However, not so good on my Freetrade account which I use for more fun and speculative punts as it allows fractional purchases of US shares. Both Virgin Galactic and Riot Blockchain have had big losses this week.

A pretty good week for my sensible portfolio which is where I have boring shares and funds for the long term.

However, not so good on my Freetrade account which I use for more fun and speculative punts as it allows fractional purchases of US shares. Both Virgin Galactic and Riot Blockchain have had big losses this week.
A good week for Metals & even Glaxosmithkline has picked up.

Yes, GSK is one of my main holdings. It's still good for dividends but they have been underperforming for a while now (certainly compared to AZ) but a major hedge fund has just piled into them

Any thoughts on why they stopped growing their dividend per share?

Other than that the numbers look pretty good.

Any thoughts on why they stopped growing their dividend per share?

Other than that the numbers look pretty good.

You could write a PhD thesis on the internal problems at GSK. Essentially it's two companies in one - the Big Pharma and the consumer healthcare business. The consumer brands are very good at generating cash and don't need a lot of R&D investment. The drugs business has been underperforming their rivals and is a money sink. The plan is to split GSK into two - a new as yet unnamed consumer business and a "New GSK" concentrating on drugs. One of the main problems is that their current CEO came up through the consumer side and has no background in pharma. Compare this to AZ where their CEO, Pascal Soriot, is a drugs man through and through.

I'm still sticking with them as a long term investment but I wouldn't be buying as a get rich quick scheme. The dividend yield of 5-6% is still pretty good even if it isn't growing on a per share basis.

Anyone still holding GME?

The reddit boards are, frankly, insane about it. I'll be honest, I still barely know what anyone is talking about, but everything seems to agree that the HF's have no way out of this.
Rumours that the over-exposed ones were working through the night last night in the states.

All a bit bonkers.

Sold Elementis this morning when it was up 18% off the back of a takeover rumour. It finished the day 2% down so it might be a good purchase first thing tomorrow if the rumour turns out to be correct

It's been ruthless for me today. Just about all red. Well done to you on your timing.
Blind luck tbf! I’d bought it off the back of a suggestion from a fund manager at work and it’d been pretty uninspiring since then, I’ll have made about 30% but I’m planning to buy some back in the morning having seen where it ended up. I think the FTSE 100 drop has been primarily down to the US plans to hammer the cigarette companies and people taking profits from the last few weeks of trading.

Blind luck tbf! I’d bought it off the back of a suggestion from a fund manager at work and it’d been pretty uninspiring since then, I’ll have made about 30% but I’m planning to buy some back in the morning having seen where it ended up. I think the FTSE 100 drop has been primarily down to the US plans to hammer the cigarette companies and people taking profits from the last few weeks of trading.
2% down, as is my (reasonably balanced) portfolio, and I don't even have any Baccy shares!

Two individual companies down 8%ish today, but one was due to dividends. Canadian national railway was the other, who have put forward a greater bit than Canadian pacific for a merger

Two individual companies down 8%ish today, but one was due to dividends. Canadian national railway was the other, who have put forward a greater bit than Canadian pacific for a merger
CP should be announcing a 5:1 split today.
Just a quick bit of background. The have x6 in the last 10 years. They dipped recently but they did just go through a costly merger. This is on the back on a buy out of CMQ railway and an access route through Chicago.
Now they do coast to coast and Canada into Mexico.

A few things I’ve seen recently.
CP have introduced some new technology into the railroad. They are the only railway to be allowed to use automated testers and scanners. While it’s a trial not only on the equipment it’s also a trial on procedures. This will be a game changer for the whole railway and the transport world.

Even for a short term investment CP Rail splitting the shares will be huge for all levels.

CP should be announcing a 5:1 split today.
Just a quick bit of background. The have x6 in the last 10 years. They dipped recently but they did just go through a costly merger. This is on the back on a buy out of CMQ railway and an access route through Chicago.
Now they do coast to coast and Canada into Mexico.

A few things I’ve seen recently.
CP have introduced some new technology into the railroad. They are the only railway to be allowed to use automated testers and scanners. While it’s a trial not only on the equipment it’s also a trial on procedures. This will be a game changer for the whole railway and the transport world.

Even for a short term investment CP Rail splitting the shares will be huge for all levels.

I've only got a holding with CN. They put a bid in for Kansas City Southern who I think CP had agreed a price with a month or so ago iirc

Back