What shares you buying?

These threads only appear when the market is overvalued...

If you like death threats when a gamble (cf. AIM minnow oil/pharma/gas/mineral/mining stock) turns sour..

Don't see the crypto thread pop up much anymore :lol:
To be fair to him the pension that I am a member of had a larger proportion invested in commercial property than equities when I last looked.

Traditionally the pension funds would also have a big chunk of fixed interest assets.

The pension fund is invested in a diverse portfolio of government and corporate bonds, equities and property. The Annual Report, which includes the Statement of Accounts, contains more information on fund holdings, fund performance and management arrangements can be found on the Fund and valuation reports page.

Of course, but similarly I'd imagine most on here investing in stocks and shares aren't putting all their eggs in one basket either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aye, long term there's only one winner. Depends hugely on risk appetite, competence and luck in the short term. Which essentially makes is a total gamble for amateur investors.

No idea. Am I seriously expected to know?

Spend it on watching strip shows in Soho? Am I close?

And am I actually meant to understand what that means?
They invest a lot of it in stocks and shares.

You’ve come up with some interesting (and profitable if I’d listened) tips. Where do you get them from? Your own research?

Get tips on companies then research them. Sometimes register for online web presentations from AIM companies so I can not only see their financials and strategies, but whether the CEO / management team are any good. Some right knackers out there.
Also Ive worked for some of the companies or in their industries, so have a decent idea on how 'should' pan out.

Back