What shares you buying?

Ive dipped into a couple of higher risk ones

Open Orphan (should jump within the next week)
Aston Martin (in the shit, but way undervalued, like DLR were)
Touchstone Exploration (the next Excite Energy. Will strike oil very soon!!!!!)
Central Asia Metals
This was in June. Since the Touchstone has tripled in value.

Only non dividends payer I've opened in the last few months is The Hut Group

Picked up some EMH stock. Mineral exploration and development company. Involved in one of the largest lithium resources in Europe. Current market cap £64 million. Thought it worth a speculative purchase given the likely growth in EV vehicles over the next few years. Biden keen on renewable energy isnt a bad thing either.

SSE up 33% in 6 weeks like. Just seen it gan up 1% in an hour. Ha'way the renewables!
33% gain in 6 weeks is pretty good like. 100% gain is better though.
EMH Market cap now £129million.

Last edited:
Just for balance my British Gas (Centrica) down to 23% of what I paid for them.

Blimey, I read that they’re struggling with the energy price cap and that’s had a big impact on profits. I think they’ve tried to renegotiate contracts with staff too which is causing issues.

Done well out of all of my early shares but returning to safer ground now with banks and industrials on the ASX

Missed out on Afterpay who I was considering which would have offered the best return of all

Best out of a portfolio of shares has been the Bendigo Bank.

Qantas and the Flight Centre still pretty good value pre vaccine.

With all the EV camaraderie at the moment, went and invested into Legal & Generals Battery Value Chain ETF.

It’s quite weighted towards battery tech exploration, engineering and recycling.

Aside from HL, which UK ISA providers have broad access to Canadian indexes? Looking to open another after the end of the tax year and have my eye on a few

Does anyone invest in long term unit trusts or similar? Normally I just arse around with small amounts on stocks I think I will get a bit of growth from short term. Take the growth when it hits a level i want then move to another. But i have decided invest a decent amount (by my standards) for the bairn who is 4. I'm thinking of long term unit trusts like emerging markets etc? does anyone have any experience of them? It dosnt have to be a unit trust I suppose just something that is likely to grow in the next 15 year, cobalt, water renewable energy etc?

Does anyone invest in long term unit trusts or similar? Normally I just arse around with small amounts on stocks I think I will get a bit of growth from short term. Take the growth when it hits a level i want then move to another. But i have decided invest a decent amount (by my standards) for the bairn who is 4. I'm thinking of long term unit trusts like emerging markets etc? does anyone have any experience of them? It dosnt have to be a unit trust I suppose just something that is likely to grow in the next 15 year, cobalt, water renewable energy etc?

I invest in Index trackers & multi asset funds via vanguard. Easy to use, low fees, and done fairly well over last couple of years since I started.

A good one would be terry smiths fund, 10;000 pounds invested ten years ago would now be worth 110,000, he has a fantastic track record.

I invest in Index trackers & multi asset funds via vanguard. Easy to use, low fees, and done fairly well over last couple of years since I started.
VUKE is my favourite passive.
A good one would be terry smiths fund, 10;000 pounds invested ten years ago would now be worth 110,000, he has a fantastic track record.
Neil Woodford had a great track record. Right up to the day he didn't.

Last edited:
Sold out of mine this week having gone over 153% inc. The ones you bought in January must be into the 1000s% - class!

Were down 28% at one point today alone I noticed. Brutal drop having made consistently steady (not like AIM) gains in recent months.

Back