What shares you buying?

Sold out most of my Tesla stock just before the share split as the earnings per share are less attractive than some of the less vogue UK stuff. I’m hoping now that the Brexit deal is signed we will see some real growth in UK centric value stock like Lloyds bank.

Hopefully, Lloyds is my largest investment. Need about 70p per share to break even. Took them for their decent dividend and long-term growth. Hasn't exactly gone to plan so far but I wasn't expecting a quick turn around. Wasn't expecting them to drop to 30 odd pence either mind.

Hopefully, Lloyds is my largest investment. Need about 70p per share to break even. Took them for their decent dividend and long-term growth. Hasn't exactly gone to plan so far but I wasn't expecting a quick turn around. Wasn't expecting them to drop to 30 odd pence either mind.

I bought some at 60p and some at the dip at 38p but longer term they should be good value. The biggest issue now is how they’ll make money in a low interest environment with no investment bank, hopefully the incoming CEO will have an ace up his sleeve!

Tesla will implode spectacularly within this decade
I feel at some point its due for a large correction. I understand that earlier this year the company valuation worked out at about £500,000 per car sold/expected to sell this year. It might be an even higher number now. Personally I do not see that as a susatainable market cap.

Last edited:
Sold out most of my Tesla stock just before the share split as the earnings per share are less attractive than some of the less vogue UK stuff. I’m hoping now that the Brexit deal is signed we will see some real growth in UK centric value stock like Lloyds bank.

Increased my holdings in National Express, Go Ahead group, Tritax Big Box & Big Yellow since summer. Seen good growth across most,bhoping for plenty next years

Last edited by a moderator:
Just realised I cannot by international stocks from my fidelity.co.uk account!

Who would you recommend for buy predominantly US stocks.

Cheers

Got given 500 quids worth of BT shares off work when they were 86p.
Also do the share save which the shares were 86p at the time so in 3 years time whatever the price of shares are I buy them at 86p and sell straight away for the price at the time

Had another meeting with fund managers at work yesterday, they are very bullish on UK shares and much less so than on US tech. They reckon if interest rates rise money will come out of US tech stock (which are mainly growth shares) given that improved returns will be available elsewhere with less risk.

I’ve recently taken a fair bit out of Baille Gifford US and moved it to JP morgan UK value which could be a good fund choice at the moment.

I was reading an article that said don't overlook Japanese stocks. It was saying that they have seen 30 years of subdued growth and that they were predicting growth on the back of their pandemic approach.

It was saying that a lot of Japanese firms have excellent cash reserves and that (I find very surprising if true) 55% of Japanese firms are over 200 year old so can be a safe long term bet.

Anyone know how much truth is in this or have much experience of Japanese markets?

I was going to test the water but literally don't know many companies, other than the main one so was thinking of.maybe a Japanese unit trust, anyone have any thoughts on this?
Had another meeting with fund managers at work yesterday, they are very bullish on UK shares and much less so than on US tech. They reckon if interest rates rise money will come out of US tech stock (which are mainly growth shares) given that improved returns will be available elsewhere with less risk.

I’ve recently taken a fair bit out of Baille Gifford US and moved it to JP morgan UK value which could be a good fund choice at the moment.

The only US tech stock I have gone with is docusign, I felt their product was a growth product given the way the world is heading but it hasn't quite had the growth I was expecting. Small gains, not much.

Last edited:
I was reading an article that said don't overlook Japanese stocks. It was saying that they have seen 30 years of subdued growth and that they were predicting growth on the back of their pandemic approach.

It was saying that a lot of Japanese firms have excellent cash reserves and that (I find very surprising if true) 55% of Japanese firms are over 200 year old so can be a safe long term bet.

Anyone know how much truth is in this or have much experience of Japanese markets?

I was going to test the water but literally don't know many companies, other than the main one so was thinking of.maybe a Japanese unit trust, anyone have any thoughts on this?

The only US tech stock I have gone with is docusign, I felt their product was a growth product given the way the world is heading but it hasn't quite had the growth I was expecting. Small gains, not much.

JPM Morgan Japanese Investment Trust has done 58% Ytd, not too sure on the fund make up though 👍

Be wary of chasing the next ‘big thing’ and work on a strategy.

A few months back Buffet sold some Apple and JP Morgan shares and opened up 3-4 positions in Japan. I think there was talk of it being to do with currency strength also.

My Kawasaki holdings have done well the last few months

INRG is about 150% up for me this year (since buy in point not YTD) with 40% of that in the past month. Probably short it heavily when the time comes

Last edited by a moderator:

Back