What shares you buying?

I’ve had enough, spend more time pancaking about it dropping and can’t enjoy or concentrate on anything else. Plus, I’m crap at it and keep seeing them drop. I’ll stick with money in the bank at 0.01% 🙄

I’ve had enough, spend more time pancaking about it dropping and can’t enjoy or concentrate on anything else. Plus, I’m crap at it and keep seeing them drop. I’ll stick with money in the bank at 0.01% 🙄

Why?
Plenty of places paying around 1%

Halifax has moved the bairns accounts to 0.01% middle of July, i will look at shifting them. Thought I may be able to invest money for them but when I’ve dabbled it hasn’t worked out well 😂

Investing is a 10 year commitment
Also weren't you warned about buying individual shares?

Seriously, if you want to invest just go with an index tracker from below

Investing is a 10 year commitment
Also weren't you warned about buying individual shares?

Seriously, if you want to invest just go with an index tracker from below
I put some money into vanguard isa that was suggested, I ended up pulling when I was up £180. I think I got £205 a share it’s now about £225, if I’m honest I thought it was a risk and got cold feet. I’ve been buying stocks on trading 212 and made a little when the oil dropped but then bought into Luckin coffee and Wirecard when they dropped, dropped even further. I know know what the biggest risk is.

I think I will keep it in the bank even if returns are minimal, less stress.

If you were just starting out with a few small investments for a bit of fun although might become serious in future, are there any apps you'd suggest?

I'm thinking sticking a hundred or so quid on the stock market every other week would be more useful than gambling every now and then

If you were just starting out with a few small investments for a bit of fun although might become serious in future, are there any apps you'd suggest?

I'm thinking sticking a hundred or so quid on the stock market every other week would be more useful than gambling every now and then
The only one I have used is trading 212 for single stocks. They have taken pennies of interest but I have really put £50-100. Have not had a problem getting money back, generally in account next day.

Just a novice so may be better out there though.

I put some money into vanguard isa that was suggested, I ended up pulling when I was up £180. I think I got £205 a share it’s now about £225, if I’m honest I thought it was a risk and got cold feet. I’ve been buying stocks on trading 212 and made a little when the oil dropped but then bought into Luckin coffee and Wirecard when they dropped, dropped even further. I know know what the biggest risk is.

As I said, it's the long game, 10 years +. Some years you'll gain, some you wont
Do you have a pension? Cos that's essentially the same thing

As I said, it's the long game, 10 years +. Some years you'll gain, some you wont
Do you have a pension? Cos that's essentially the same thing
It is, that’s what I need to get me head around. Yeah, just to get my employer’s contribution which is only 3%, I think i need to put in 5%, not sure.

First, it's brilliant that you're looking at investing, especially for the future of young'uns.

However, in an index tracker you're talking about daily market changes in something where you should be in it for 5-10 years. If it's up 10% today and down 60% the next day, week, month it really doesn't matter.

Index trackers, like the one you've spoken about, are fantastic wrappers for investing. They're low cost, reflect the market and diversify risk. I know fuck all about companies, so I stay away from specific shares, but index trackers give me an easy and hassle free way to invest. Honestly, in my opinion unless you're capping the ISA stocks and shares tax limit of £20k a year there's no point doing anything else unless it's specifically just for curiosity.

Back