what rating would you give the owners out of 10 so far??

Would could have done a Bury, but financially they've steadied the ship. Only last month we've paid for court cases that were beyond thier control.
7. We could easily have been Bolton or Bury, but they sorted our finances as a priority. Wish we’d spent the Grigg money on 2-3 different players tho for a mill each or so. Panic buy that hasn’t worked, square peg...
Nope. Disagree.

Completely different situations. Completely different makeup. And at the end of the day Short made absolutely sure the debt was dealt with - this would have happened regardless.

Last edited:

7 good PR, reduced our wages got our high earners of the books, more transparency. Did a fine enough job of house flipping us. I dont mind personally if we get bought by Dell.

It’s a difficult one to call

The off-field work has been incredible in my opinion. I don’t think that we could have asked much more, from fan engagement, management of mercenary bastard players/agents etc

However, it’s on the pitch that ultimately matters and for me, the club have not brought in the players that we need to get us out of this division.

I’m pinning a lot of hope on this possible takeover and if they have attracted some heavy weight investors/owners, then that changes things massively.

Nope. Disagree.

Completely different situations. Completely different makeup. And at the end of the day Short made absolutely sure the debt was dealt with - this would have happened regardless.
Without someone to buy the club, Ellis couldn’t do anything to sort out our financial issues. Him and the new owners sorted the debt between them as part of the sale was my understanding, based on all the pod casts and the other media cover, but hard to know the precise details. If Ellis was able to sort the finances out himself, why didn’t he just do that and keep hold of the club? Stu and his pals deserve some credit for their part imho, and if they didnt pitch up, we may well have had no buyer and still been in huge debt right now.

Without someone to buy the club, Ellis couldn’t do anything to sort out our financial issues. Him and the new owners sorted the debt between them as part of the sale was my understanding, based on all the pod casts and the other media cover, but hard to know the precise details. If Ellis was able to sort the finances out himself, why didn’t he just do that and keep hold of the club? Stu and his pals deserve some credit for their part imho, and if they didnt pitch up, we may well have had no buyer and still been in huge debt right now.
He wanted out. He just wasn't prepared to leave us to complete ruin. The parachute payment was always going to look after the debt - Short stipulated as much.

Whichever way it's dressed up, things have transpired as they have done. We had the income readily available to avert disaster. Bury did not. Ergo, our situation was not comparable, with or without Stewart Donald.

Last edited:

Back