what rating would you give the owners out of 10 so far??

6, steadied the ship when things looked shite. Now look out of their depth and unable to take us forward even to the championship.

If Oyston is a 1 and the Sheikh at City is a 10 I'd say a 6.

Good:
Engaged with and listened to fans, got rid of all the wrong 'uns, backed the manager with a league record signing, not lumbering the club with ported over debt, not too reactionary.

Bad:
Changed the story of how they bought the club, ultimately failed on the pitch, no longer open to fans on Twitter, mixed messages about how good our financial state is.

To begin with - 9

Phenomenal PR effort, Mags fuming we have owners that seem to care. Owners bypass clowns in the local press, giving scoops to fanzines and blogs instead.

Uruguayan businessman arrives, looks to be interested in the club.

Plan to bring in a talented manager, proven players and get us out of L1 at the first attempt.

Clearout of toxic players such as Ndong, Djilobodgy and Kone begins

1 year later - 6

Jack Ross was not the Messiah. Attacking play becomes dull and defensive. We lose Maja and replace him with 11 stone of steaming pig shit costing £3m. After a very promising start we manage to lose out on promotion places, the cup and the play off final.

The Uruguayan businessman looks to have changed his mind. New Investors are sought out. Mark Campbell named along with long term plan and DoF model.

Something goes wrong, at the same time information leaked about financial state of club.

Accounts come under scrutiny revealing a distinct lack of credit. SD leaves Twitter and rumours circulate.

Meanwhile "One player in, one player out" policy established. Pre-season shows more of the same from Ross on the pitch.

9 last season, they did well in all aspects last year, the football turned into a miserable failure but that’s Ross’s fault. They hired him but I thought it was a good appointment so can’t blame them for that.

6 this season, seems to be the opposite of last, fan engagement abruptly ended, misinformation, no money spent, the manager making the wrong noises and repeating the same mistakes, and going back on what was said previously. It’s gone south quite quickly, we need the football to start as a few wins would relieve the pressure a bit.

My scoring basis:
10 for Champions
9 for 2nd and promotion
8 for 3rd and promotion
7 for 4th and promotion
6 for 5th and promotion
5 for 6th and promotion
4 for play-offs and failure
3 for 7-9th
2 for 10-12th
1 for bottom half
0 for relegation

I was thinking about giving a 5, but have had second thoughts - say 0 is a defeat and 10 a victory then it has to be 3.3 for a draw.

win the first three games and they will rise to being gods, lose the first three and the meltdown will be huge and justified. From where we were and still dropping like a stone I'd have to give them a clear solid pass, outstanding? I doubt it but then we don't know the half of it. I've got over us not bouncing back -
just as long as we do this year.

6. they got a helluva lot right last season, but not quite enough.

The next month will see if that mark goes up or down, but currently in gearing up for the new season it's swaying towards down.

Last edited:

Back